Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By zedorda
  • 1 Post By davidnc
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  • 2 Post By jbarborka
  • 1 Post By yscty
  • 1 Post By megatomic
  • 1 Post By benhaube
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default So how is 4.4.2?

    I haven't updated yet. Declining the annoying message several times a day. I don't want to lose the app permission options (like using AppOps to limit app perms) in this update and if this version suffers from the same bugs as it does on my Nexus7 I want to skip it all together. On my Nexus the wallpaper will never set correctly. Does 4.4.2 have this issue on the Moto X or any other issues you guys have noticed?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    It has been perfect for me.
    Ry likes this.
  3. #3  
    davidnc's Avatar

    Posts
    6,422 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,572 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by mtndewgood View Post
    I haven't updated yet. Declining the annoying message several times a day. I don't want to lose the app permission options (like using AppOps to limit app perms) in this update and if this version suffers from the same bugs as it does on my Nexus7 I want to skip it all together. On my Nexus the wallpaper will never set correctly. Does 4.4.2 have this issue on the Moto X or any other issues you guys have noticed?
    I havent noticed any problems with the wallpaper on my Moto X after the 4.4.2 update .Actually I haven't had any issues with the 4.4.2 update at all.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  4. #4  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by mtndewgood View Post
    I haven't updated yet. Declining the annoying message several times a day. I don't want to lose the app permission options (like using AppOps to limit app perms) in this update and if this version suffers from the same bugs as it does on my Nexus7 I want to skip it all together. On my Nexus the wallpaper will never set correctly. Does 4.4.2 have this issue on the Moto X or any other issues you guys have noticed?
    Not seeing any issues on my dad's MX. Losing permissions does suck, so if that's a deal breaker I would stay away. Or root and flash a custom ROM...

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by 2:
    mtndewgoodRy 
    Ry likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    Not a single issue for me since updating. Completely rock solid.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry and cpcxgsr like this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    No complaints thus far, love the moto x and 4.4.2
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  7. #7  
    pgoelz's Avatar

    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    Ditto here.... at least no ADDITIONAL issues that I have found. There is still an issue with the phone remaining unlocked after a BT call, but that is not new to 4.4.2.

    And they FIXED the one wallpaper issue I had where if I used my own photo (taken on the Moto X) as a wallpaper, it would zoom in after a reboot. Now on 4.4.2, the same photo used as wallpaper no longer zooms after a reboot.

    Fix the unlocked after BT call issue and add a repeating audible missed call reminder and it would be a perfect phone.

    Paul
  8. #8  

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    No issues with 4.4.2 here.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    Have not had a single issue with 4.4.2 on my moto x or any of my devices for that matter. I really enjoy a lot of the changes. Especially the change of a lot of ui elements from blue to white

    Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 2:
    r p3Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    No issues here at all. Battery life improved...or I just use the phone slightly less, who knows.
  11. #11  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,040 Global Posts

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    4.4.2 has been solid for me.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  12. #12  
    sting7k's Avatar

    Posts
    524 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,404 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    No issues here.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    Thanks for the feedback
  14. #14  

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    The only complaint I have is the loss of FoxFi hotspot functionality for Verizon. I had just discovered that awesomeness until the update disabled it. <sigh>
  15. #15  

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by jephanie View Post
    The only complaint I have is the loss of FoxFi hotspot functionality for Verizon. I had just discovered that awesomeness until the update disabled it. <sigh>
    Verizon includes tethering free with all post-paid plans why would you need FoxFi?
  16. #16  

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Verizon includes tethering free with all post-paid plans why would you need FoxFi?
    Last I checked, you had to pay for the tethered device. From I have found, you may get free tethering on the "Share Everything" plans but not on my grandfathered unlimited data plan.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by jephanie View Post
    Last I checked, you had to pay for the tethered device. From I have found, you may get free tethering on the "Share Everything" plans but not on my grandfathered unlimited data plan.
    Oh then great they stop you guys from being the exploitative leeches. I love it when that happens.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Oh then great they stop you guys from being the exploitative leeches. I love it when that happens.
    Charging for tethering is nickle and diming. Would you want to pay extra for each device you run through your home ISP? I'm betting not..

    Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 2:
  19. #19  

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Oh then great they stop you guys from being the exploitative leeches. I love it when that happens.
    Exploitative leech. Wow. Thanks for classifying me into a category without having any clue about whom you are speaking. I rarely use more than 3GB of data a month. An exploitative leech I am not. But thanks for your extremely helpful response.
    Thanked by:
  20. #20  

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by mtndewgood View Post
    Charging for tethering is nickle and diming. Would you want to pay extra for each device you run through your home ISP? I'm betting not..

    Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app
    Verizon's old unlimited contract clearly states that you are paying for data to your mobile device and not passed it to assist other devices with internet access. My home ISP clearly does not have that stipulation. So if someone enters into a contract that does not allow for tethering it is not honorable to breech that contract just because you don't like what you already agreed to. So grow up and honor the agreements you enter and if you don't like it then end the contract.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Verizon's old unlimited contract clearly states that you are paying for data to your mobile device and not passed it to assist other devices with internet access. My home ISP clearly does not have that stipulation. So if someone enters into a contract that does not allow for tethering it is not honorable to breech that contract just because you don't like what you already agreed to. So grow up and honor the agreements you enter and if you don't like it then end the contract.
    Rude and ironic post.. smells like troll bait so good day sir.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    Dear all, I have two questions.

    1. If I update Moto X to 4.4.2, do I need to update the phone driver in my PC?
    2. If the driver update is required, which driver is most suitable? Can I choose one from the drivers introduced in androidicloud.blogspot.com/2014/04/motorola-usb-drivers-for-android-phones.html?
  23. #23  

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by mtndewgood View Post
    I haven't updated yet. Declining the annoying message several times a day. I don't want to lose the app permission options (like using AppOps to limit app perms) in this update and if this version suffers from the same bugs as it does on my Nexus7 I want to skip it all together. On my Nexus the wallpaper will never set correctly. Does 4.4.2 have this issue on the Moto X or any other issues you guys have noticed?
    Don't you need 4.3 to use permission manager? Moto X shipped with 4.2 and skipped 4.3 to get 4.4

    Posted via Android Central App
  24. #24  

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by mtndewgood View Post
    Rude and ironic post.. smells like troll bait so good day sir.
    Yeah it's best to ignore fools who talk out of their backsides.
    I'm in the UK so 4.4.2 was preinstalled but it has been rock solid for me

    Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk
  25. #25  

    Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by darkehawke View Post
    Yeah it's best to ignore fools who talk out of their backsides.
    I'm in the UK so 4.4.2 was preinstalled but it has been rock solid for me

    Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk
    That's weird that yours came with 4.4.2. I ordered mine on Moto maker about 3 weeks ago. I have had it for a couple weeks. It came with 4.4 out of the box and immediately started downloading the update to 4.4.2.

    I never really used the phone on 4.4 because of course I took that update, but on 4.4.2 I have had great performance and I'm loving the phone.

    Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. How can I tell my phone it's number?
    By Villordsutch in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-11-2014, 04:55 AM
  2. how can i restore mobile data on my sprint SGIII
    By Sheila Thurmond in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 05:33 PM
  3. Comcast is trying to get into the cellphone carrier business.
    By eve6er69 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 01:17 PM
  4. Is this phone coming to Verizon?
    By BlackBarryNewb in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 07:56 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 12:20 AM

Posting Permissions