Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By zedorda
  • 1 Post By davidnc
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  • 2 Post By jbarborka
  • 1 Post By yscty
  • 1 Post By megatomic
  • 1 Post By benhaube
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default So how is 4.4.2?

I haven't updated yet. Declining the annoying message several times a day. I don't want to lose the app permission options (like using AppOps to limit app perms) in this update and if this version suffers from the same bugs as it does on my Nexus7 I want to skip it all together. On my Nexus the wallpaper will never set correctly. Does 4.4.2 have this issue on the Moto X or any other issues you guys have noticed?

Default Re: So how is 4.4.2?

It has been perfect for me.
    Ry likes this.

Global Posts
    7,572 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by mtndewgood View Post
    I haven't updated yet. Declining the annoying message several times a day. I don't want to lose the app permission options (like using AppOps to limit app perms) in this update and if this version suffers from the same bugs as it does on my Nexus7 I want to skip it all together. On my Nexus the wallpaper will never set correctly. Does 4.4.2 have this issue on the Moto X or any other issues you guys have noticed?
    I havent noticed any problems with the wallpaper on my Moto X after the 4.4.2 update .Actually I haven't had any issues with the 4.4.2 update at all.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

Global Posts
    8,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Not seeing any issues on my dad's MX. Losing permissions does suck, so if that's a deal breaker I would stay away. Or root and flash a custom ROM...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by 2:
    mtndewgoodRy 
    Ry likes this.

Not a single issue for me since updating. Completely rock solid.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry and cpcxgsr like this.

No complaints thus far, love the moto x and 4.4.2
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Ditto here.... at least no ADDITIONAL issues that I have found. There is still an issue with the phone remaining unlocked after a BT call, but that is not new to 4.4.2.

And they FIXED the one wallpaper issue I had where if I used my own photo (taken on the Moto X) as a wallpaper, it would zoom in after a reboot. Now on 4.4.2, the same photo used as wallpaper no longer zooms after a reboot.

Fix the unlocked after BT call issue and add a repeating audible missed call reminder and it would be a perfect phone.

Paul

No issues with 4.4.2 here.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

Have not had a single issue with 4.4.2 on my moto x or any of my devices for that matter. I really enjoy a lot of the changes. Especially the change of a lot of ui elements from blue to white

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 2:
    r p3Ry 
    Ry likes this.

No issues here at all. Battery life improved...or I just use the phone slightly less, who knows.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,040 Global Posts

4.4.2 has been solid for me.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    3,404 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

No issues here.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Thanks for the feedback

The only complaint I have is the loss of FoxFi hotspot functionality for Verizon. I had just discovered that awesomeness until the update disabled it. <sigh>

Quote Originally Posted by jephanie View Post
    The only complaint I have is the loss of FoxFi hotspot functionality for Verizon. I had just discovered that awesomeness until the update disabled it. <sigh>
    Verizon includes tethering free with all post-paid plans why would you need FoxFi?

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Verizon includes tethering free with all post-paid plans why would you need FoxFi?
    Last I checked, you had to pay for the tethered device. From I have found, you may get free tethering on the "Share Everything" plans but not on my grandfathered unlimited data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by jephanie View Post
    Last I checked, you had to pay for the tethered device. From I have found, you may get free tethering on the "Share Everything" plans but not on my grandfathered unlimited data plan.
    Oh then great they stop you guys from being the exploitative leeches. I love it when that happens.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Oh then great they stop you guys from being the exploitative leeches. I love it when that happens.
    Charging for tethering is nickle and diming. Would you want to pay extra for each device you run through your home ISP? I'm betting not..

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 2:

Exploitative leech. Wow. Thanks for classifying me into a category without having any clue about whom you are speaking. I rarely use more than 3GB of data a month. An exploitative leech I am not. But thanks for your extremely helpful response.
    Thanked by:

Charging for tethering is nickle and diming. Would you want to pay extra for each device you run through your home ISP? I'm betting not..

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app
    Verizon's old unlimited contract clearly states that you are paying for data to your mobile device and not passed it to assist other devices with internet access. My home ISP clearly does not have that stipulation. So if someone enters into a contract that does not allow for tethering it is not honorable to breech that contract just because you don't like what you already agreed to. So grow up and honor the agreements you enter and if you don't like it then end the contract.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Verizon's old unlimited contract clearly states that you are paying for data to your mobile device and not passed it to assist other devices with internet access. My home ISP clearly does not have that stipulation. So if someone enters into a contract that does not allow for tethering it is not honorable to breech that contract just because you don't like what you already agreed to. So grow up and honor the agreements you enter and if you don't like it then end the contract.
    Rude and ironic post.. smells like troll bait so good day sir.

Dear all, I have two questions.

1. If I update Moto X to 4.4.2, do I need to update the phone driver in my PC?
    2. If the driver update is required, which driver is most suitable? Can I choose one from the drivers introduced in androidicloud.blogspot.com/2014/04/motorola-usb-drivers-for-android-phones.html?

Don't you need 4.3 to use permission manager? Moto X shipped with 4.2 and skipped 4.3 to get 4.4

Posted via Android Central App

Rude and ironic post.. smells like troll bait so good day sir.
    Yeah it's best to ignore fools who talk out of their backsides.
    I'm in the UK so 4.4.2 was preinstalled but it has been rock solid for me

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by darkehawke View Post
    Yeah it's best to ignore fools who talk out of their backsides.
    I'm in the UK so 4.4.2 was preinstalled but it has been rock solid for me

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk
    That's weird that yours came with 4.4.2. I ordered mine on Moto maker about 3 weeks ago. I have had it for a couple weeks. It came with 4.4 out of the box and immediately started downloading the update to 4.4.2.

I never really used the phone on 4.4 because of course I took that update, but on 4.4.2 I have had great performance and I'm loving the phone.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app