Moto Assist issue

Tysonsaurus

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Went from a Verizon Moto X to an AT&T Moto X. When connected via bluetooth in the car moto assist tries to read the texts through the car stereo even though that profile isn't supported. If I turn off Bluetooth on the phone, moto assist will work like I want it to and read the texts out loud from the phone. The Verizon version would read the texts out loud from the phone while connected to bluetooth in the car so I could still receive calls through the car stereo...this is the way I want the AT&T X to work.

I've tried clearing the data/cache from the moto assist app, assist framework, and drive activator apps with no luck of getting it to work like the Verizon Moto X. I've also uninstalled all updates for the assist app and still nothing. Both phones are on the same version of android and the assist app. Do I have a defective phone or is something just not right?

Posted via Android Central App

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Nope it is working as intended. This is where Verizon's extra long testing periods start to show their usefulness.

Tysonsaurus

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
So I have to choose which one I'd rather use in the car...great! I wonder if it worked correctly prior to the 4.4.2 update.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome