Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ry
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 2 weeks & I love it

Love the bare android experience with few additions, not to mention lack of bloatware (GSM unlocked) THANK YOU MOTO X. I came from a galaxy s3 to this (passed on htc m8).

Yes this is another thread stating the Moto X is amazing but hey I agree with the multitude of threads on this forum praising the moto x. Thanks to everyone posting on here, I bought the moto x and I couldn't be happier. I'd like to add to that. If anyone is thinking of getting this phone, do it!

Few things I wish:

Active Display
    You all know how it works...Swipe up to enter app, swipe down unlock and swipe to side to hide notification. Only thing I would add would be to swipe right to also mark messages as read and swipe to the left to simply clear notifications but keep messages unread. No biggie but it'd be a nice addition (I am OCD when it comes unread/uncleared notifications)

Driving Mode
    Driving mode works very well minus few hiccups. When moto x neatly reads txt messages aloud to me while driving mode and ask me if I would like to respond, I found myself frustrated that the moto x would not correctly inscribe my messages. However, I've found it is better to keep messages short and provide context. No more yelling!
    I was able to repy to txt messages hands-free. Yay for not breaking the law. I just wish the notifications would clear on their own after responding via voice activation. Again, I hate having to clear notifications I've already seen/heard/replied
    One problem I have with driving mode is that when in silent/vibrate mode you cannot hear a thing. I think that is an android sound profile issue for media sound and notification/ringer being controlled simultaneously (only happens when using volume rocker to set vibrate mode).

Touch less control
    I could not get the "ok google now" to work while driving. Not even at a stop light, no music. I wanted my moto x to launch driving direction for me but couldn't get it to wake while I was driving. I had to manually pick up the phone and launch google now. On the positive note, I was able to hit the microphone and get driving direction via voice command. Other than that, it works perfectly fine at home.

Again love this phone. My S3 could not do any of this straight out the box
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,857 Global Posts

Default Re: 2 weeks & I love it

And the thing about what you've asked for - for the most part, you don't need an OS upgrade to get new features.

Posted via Android Central App
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    edgar likes this.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

I've had mine 2 weeks today and I love it too. I keep going back and forth between Nova Launcher Prime and the stock one. I have been using Nova for quite a while on my Note 2, but on the X I'm liking the simple stock launcher. I may stick with it instead of the Nova. I'm loving the size too. It's a little bigger than my iPhone 5S but way more comfy than my Note 2 was for my pocket. There is a lot to like about the X. I hope Lenovo continues the way that Motorola has been going under the ownership of Google. They will keep me as a customer if they do.
    Moto X
    iPhone 5S

Quote Originally Posted by purwater View Post
    I've had mine 2 weeks today and I love it too. I keep going back and forth between Nova Launcher Prime and the stock one. I have been using Nova for quite a while on my Note 2, but on the X I'm liking the simple stock launcher. I may stick with it instead of the Nova. I'm loving the size too. It's a little bigger than my iPhone 5S but way more comfy than my Note 2 was for my pocket. There is a lot to like about the X. I hope Lenovo continues the way that Motorola has been going under the ownership of Google. They will keep me as a customer if they do.
    Yep! Let's hope Lenovo doesn't screw the pooch.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by: