Moto X: How is the battery life??

Rajeev Kumar5

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I am planning to buy one. can someone lemme know how is the battery life?? Battery is my only concern in this masterpiece.....

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: How is the battery life??

Battery life is stellar.

Light use I get 2+ days.
Heavy use I get 1 full day.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I always make it from the time that I unplug it (6 AM) to the time I go to bed (11:30PM-12AM depending on the day). Usually when I plug it in I have 20% battery left. For me I'm used to plugging in every night so as long as the phone lasts all day it is fine with me. Motorola was able to get great battery life from this phone despite the always listening feature and active display breathing. It's really a big feat I think.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Ironzey

May 27, 2011
Visit site

For me it hasn't been great. I must be a heavy user because at the end of a normal day this thing is gasping for breath (5%) at 6pm. My Note 2 would last a day and a half with similar usage.

yscty

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
No complaints here, I get a full day no worries. I don't have to worry about having a charger with me at work or in my car for that matter.

The only thing I noticed that kills the battery is extended use of GPS, although I don't use it much but was just on vacation and was using daily and noticed battery depleting quickly but still made it through the day....

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

For me it hasn't been great. I must be a heavy user because at the end of a normal day this thing is gasping for breath (5%) at 6pm. My Note 2 would last a day and a half with similar usage.

Same for me. I'm either a heavy user or my connections at work are not so good. I returned my Moto X because I could not make from 6am to 6pm without needing to go on the charger (better when I didn't go to the office). I didn't want to have to charge the phone every afternoon if I was going out in the evening (or turn everything off). Bought a Maxx and have been very happy with its battery life. I never bother turning off wifi/gps/bluetooth and even on the worst days, I go to bed with 40% battery left.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No complaints here, I get a full day no worries. I don't have to worry about having a charger with me at work or in my car for that matter.

The only thing I noticed that kills the battery is extended use of GPS, although I don't use it much but was just on vacation and was using daily and noticed battery depleting quickly but still made it through the day....

Yeah I'm not gonna lie my average battery usage under normal usage is a good 10 to 12 hours, heavy usage 9 hours, very light usage I get about 18 hours of juice

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Since I use Google maps GPS for my new position I just acquired at work GPS ing in the morning and afternoon but as a rule for myself by default in the car whenever I'm using Google Maps I'm always on my car charger regardless.

Rajeev Kumar5

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Still in lurch... not everyone is of the same opinion..... m happy with d +ve opinions but worried bout -ve one's. ... it wud b bizarre if I buy one and don't get back up for at least a day.... plz help I wanna change my current possession for the very same reason as I have to charge it every 7 hrs or so...

hobojoe196061

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I think the main thing that will determine your battery life is signal. The majority of the time I am in weak cell coverage(less than 3 bars) and wifi on data off I get maybe 15 hours max with 2-3 hours sot. On days where I am in good coverage, battery life is significantly better. So, even though, it is nice to ask others about battery life, YMMV.

Rajeev Kumar5

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Battery life is stellar.

Light use I get 2+ days.
Heavy use I get 1 full day.

Thats great... but some folks here doesn't seem to b happy with d battery performance (not even bed to bed time)...... wat cud b d possible reason

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think the main thing that will determine your battery life is signal. The majority of the time I am in weak cell coverage(less than 3 bars) and wifi on data off I get maybe 15 hours max with 2-3 hours sot. On days where I am in good coverage, battery life is significantly better. So, even though, it is nice to ask others about battery life, YMMV.

Yes, signal and how much usage your phone will receive.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had crappy signal for half of today and after 15 hours I have 27% left with nearly 2 hours screen on time. Works for me. ;)

That's with about 40 minutes of Ingress running too, FWIW

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Had a 10% drop in battery last night and discovered why this morning. Turns out this weather app I had on my lock screen kept on trying to grab info even with wifi off during the night. Needless to say I deleted the app and replaced it with a digital clock app. The other thing strange was even with the wifi the data was an orange color. But that only happened once overall I'm very happy.

Last edited:

purwater

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I've had mine about 2 and a half weeks now, and so far I'm happy with the battery life. I usually have about 1.5 hours of talk per day, dozens of work and personal emails, 50 or more texts per day, at least an hour of podcast listening, probably 20-30 minutes of music listening, doing app updates, some light facebook and twitter, and a few pics for work. I also have a couple of weather apps that update hourly due to needing to know the incoming weather for my job. I get up and take my phone off charge at 6:15 a.m. daily and usually put it back on charge at night around 10:30 p.m. or so. I'm usually at 35-45% left. I always have bluetooth, and wifi on all the time. I leave GPS off unless I'm needing it for navigation. That's definitely fine for me. I was about the same when using my iPhone 5S.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
This was last week and typical of the kind of battery life I get. I don't always use it this much, but I was forcing myself to drain it dead.

Screenshot_2014-04-09-21-56-11.pngScreenshot_2014-04-09-21-56-32.png

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
On a typical day I have the phone out of the charger for 15-16 hours and it's down to 20-30% of battery life. GPS is almost always off unless I need it for navigation which is rarely, Bluetooth is always on. The phone gets about 2-3h of screen on time (brightness is somewhere in the middle setting which is plenty bright) with about 1-2 hours of music/podcast listening. My radio signal is pretty good most of the day and I'm on wifi about 75% of the time as well. It gets me through any day no problem. Would I like more battery? Of course but this is plenty great especially compared to the previous phones I've had (it compares to when I had an extended battery on my GS3, which was slightly better but that battery was much larger than Moto X's).

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Speaking as a power user who does a fair bit of streaming audio, 7 hours is a out all I get out of it. Hate to say it, but I got better battery performance from the iPhone 5 I came from. Still love my Moto X but battery life is only stellar if you barely use it

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs