Twist Gesture with Google Camera?

hodie63

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to switch the new Google camera to the default camera on the X. I could not find any settings to make the switch.

Thanx in advance

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

The wrist gesture is part of the Motorola Camera app I believe, so you would need to find a 2nd app to mimic this to open the new Google camera and turn off the gesture in the Motorola Camera app.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

Wow, Google Camera is so cool I don't care that it doesn't have the wrist gesture.

DJB628

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

Does it allow to set picture size ?
And what is it called in the play store

Sent from my Moto X

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

The only things the new Google camera app really adds is photo sphere & grid lines. It is a clean interface. The 2 things that the stock camera app has that I really like are touch any where to take a picture & the shake it twice to launch the camera app feature. I have become so used to this feature that I don't know if I could ever go back to a phone without it. I can pull my camera out of my pocket shake my wrist twice and be taking a picture before most people even unlock their screen to launch their camera apps. It's awesome. I did install the Google camera app as I will use photosphere occasionally. But that's probably all I will use that app for.

Posted via Android Central App from my Ebony backed Moto X

DJB628

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

Thank you PG don't know why it doesn't show up when you search the play store probably server issues

Ftr it allows for picture sizing as low as 2.1 so easier to email pics

Sent from my Moto X

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

... I did install the Google camera app as I will use photosphere occasionally. But that's probably all I will use that app for.

That's how I'll be using it, too. That and the occasional "bokeh" shot if I can figure out how to use it.

I laughed at the way it tries to prevent vertical videos!

vmaxed

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

Thank you PG don't know why it doesn't show up when you search the play store probably server issues

Ftr it allows for picture sizing as low as 2.1 so easier to email pics

Sent from my Moto X

I used my PC to send it to my X ;)

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

Ditto on photosphere being the only thing I will probably use from this. Maybe the blur feature, but probably not.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

The only things the new Google camera app really adds is photo sphere & grid lines. It is a clean interface. The 2 things that the stock camera app has that I really like are touch any where to take a picture & the shake it twice to launch the camera app feature. I have become so used to this feature that I don't know if I could ever go back to a phone without it. I can pull my camera out of my pocket shake my wrist twice and be taking a picture before most people even unlock their screen to launch their camera apps. It's awesome. I did install the Google camera app as I will use photosphere occasionally. But that's probably all I will use that app for.

Posted via Android Central App from my Ebony backed Moto X

Yes, to be honest with you, and all my other Android devices other than the Droid one, I used to have a camera but the other phones didn't the double shake to activate camera app is awesome and you're right I don't know if I can live without it either it's simple effective and it works fine

Posted via Android Central App

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

Yes, to be honest with you, and all my other Android devices other than the Droid one, I used to have a camera but the other phones didn't the double shake to activate camera app is awesome and you're right I don't know if I can live without it either it's simple effective and it works fine

Posted via Android Central App

I under - rated that feature when I bought the phone. The best part about it is you don't even have to take your your eye off of your subject to get the camera ready!

Pull your phone out, twist and feel the haptic feedback letting you know it's loaded without looking at it and it's ready by the time you've lifted the phone up to eye level to look at the screen!

Sent from my Moto X

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

Same here, I didn't think I'd ever use it and it's pretty much my go-to way of opening the camera app.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

Wow, Google Camera is so cool I don't care that it doesn't have the wrist gesture.
Nothing great about it. Doesn't even support HDR on Moto X, which makes it pointless. HDR is the only mode that kinda saves crappy Moto X camera quality

- - - Updated - - -

Does the Google camera take better indoor pics??

No. There's no HDR support. I tried comparing and the stock is better

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888