Motorola Calendar app vs Google Calendar app

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello all, can someone tell me the difference between the calendar app that came on the phone and Google Calendar from the play store? Upon browsing the two apps I could find no difference so I disabled the one that was there the first time I booted my phone.

That brings me to my other question. Does the "stock" app get updated independently of the OS or not?

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

orangezebra

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Calendar App

They are very similar. The Google one has a different day picker thing, and now also does location prediction when entering an event

Posted via Android Central App

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Can someone explain which calendar app because my phone has Google calendar which I believe came on the phone

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

Can someone explain which calendar app because my phone has Google calendar which I believe came on the phone

The Moto X comes with a calendar app that has the generic green and white icon and the Google calendar has the icon with a big 31 on it.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

Thanks I see now what you said.

No problem. Now that I know the difference between the two I have decided to use Google Calendar for the simple fact that it will get updated faster than the stock app. You can disable the stock app by going into the app manager. I have found it keeps me from getting double notifications for my meetings and other events.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

I have also disabled the stock app and downloaded and am using the google app. Simply bc it will be updated more often is why I switched to the google one.

Another side note, before disabling the stock app, I simply unchecked notifications from it instead of disabling. For some reason, it kept re-enabling the notifications so I was getting 2 pop-ups. That's when I decided to just disable it.

edgar

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Wow didn't even notice that!

is there a playstore link for the moto x stock calendar ?

I want to make sure mine is up to date

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

I have also disabled the stock app and downloaded and am using the google app. Simply bc it will be updated more often is why I switched to the google one.

Another side note, before disabling the stock app, I simply unchecked notifications from it instead of disabling. For some reason, it kept re-enabling the notifications so I was getting 2 pop-ups. That's when I decided to just disable it.

The same exact thing was happening for me! I would uncheck show notifications and it would come back. I finally disabled it because it cleaned up my app drawer anyway, and I don't need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969