Now what?

mekano

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
So im rooted. Now let the customizing begin.

Any suggestions?
How do get rid of the carrier banner and change my signal and battery icons?

Optimizing my Moto X

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
You can get custom ROMs at xda developers or the website for a specific ROM like Cyanogenmod.

You'll need TWRP custom recovery in order to install ROMs. Download the ROM and Gapps (Google apps) files on a PC, then transfer the files to phone and flash ROM and Gapps in TWRP.

Btw, it's a good idea to make a backup in TWRP before flashing a ROM. This will allow you to go back to stock software if ROM doesn't install properly.

Sent from my G2 running PAC-ROM

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Wakelock detector, greenify, and Gsam battery monitor w/ root app will help maximize battery life.

You can easily change icons in Nova launcher.

mekano

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
If the ROM or Xposed Framework dosen't do that, pretty sure they might, then you'll have to get some images and put them in yourself. I think.

Used xposed framework and Xblast and theyll change all the icons except my wifi and data icons. Weird. Ill keep looking. Thanks for allbthe help appreciate it

Optimizing my Moto X

mekano

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Now when my carrier sends out an update (4.4.3 rumoured) do I take it. What happens if I take it?

Optimizing my Moto X

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The OTA update won't install if you have custom recovery. You can disable the OTA notification using ROM Toolbox.

uumeshh

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Any rom with a theme engine will let you change your battery and WiFi icons using themes. there is a xposed module for that. look it up.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Do you know of any good roms for Moto X?

Optimizing my Moto X

ROM development is somewhat limited for the Moto X, but there are a few that look nice and have useful features. OSE, Cyanogenmod, SlimKat and PAC-man are pretty good. The best is probably PAC. It has a ton of UI and performance settings since it's a combination of three ROMs (Paranoid Android, AOKP, and Cyanogenmod).

mekano

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
ROM development is somewhat limited for the Moto X, but there are a few that look nice and have useful features. OSE, Cyanogenmod, SlimKat and PAC-man are pretty good. The best is probably PAC. It has a ton of UI and performance settings since it's a combination of three ROMs (Paranoid Android, AOKP, and Cyanogenmod).

What are nightlys?

Optimizing my Moto X

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888