Moto X won't turn on or respond to anything

mattrickman

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
So my Moto X as randomly decided to stop working and will not longer power on. I have tried many different chargers and still nothing, just a blank black screen. I have tried to hold the power button for 7-10 seconds and that also did nothing so I don't know whats its problem is. I am currently in the repair process and get to make a new phone for free, however I want the pictures from my old phone because theres just pictures on there that I would like to have with me, memories, etc.... But since my phone won't turn on I guess I can't recover anything.

So I have two questions I guess:
Does anyone have any other solutions or ideas to make my phone turn on?
And, is there anyway I can access the internal hard drive of my current phone so that I can access my photos even though the phone is dead?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You need power to the device to pull anything from it.

Edit: Forgot to say, Welcome to the forums.

Last edited:

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I just had a similar issue. My wife's Moto X battery died, and it would not take a charge or come back on. I tried different wall chargers and different cables and even left it plugged in over night. None of that worked. Finally we plugged it into our laptop and it started charging.

To me this seems like a bug in Motorola's battery protection system.

Pooja Ravi

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
My Moto X has been off since last night. The battery died and I haven't been able to turn the phone back on ever since. When the phone is plugged in (wall chargers, USB on laptop, old Samsung charger...nothing works), the green light behind the earpiece comes on and only goes away when I unplug the phone.

Tried doing soft resets, held the power button down for various lengths of time (with the volume buttons as well). No response at all. The screen just refuses to turn back on. HELP :(

LillLarryH

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
My Moto X has been off since last night. The battery died and I haven't been able to turn the phone back on ever since. When the phone is plugged in (wall chargers, USB on laptop, old Samsung charger...nothing works), the green light behind the earpiece comes on and only goes away when I unplug the phone.

Tried doing soft resets, held the power button down for various lengths of time (with the volume buttons as well). No response at all. The screen just refuses to turn back on. HELP :(