device lost error

Darkangle903

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Heyy!! So I have had my moto x for about 6 months now, and lately been getting some werid errors. So when ever I go on a website or something a little things pops up and says "Device lost". Does anyone know how I fix this?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Heyy!! So I have had my moto x for about 6 months now, and lately been getting some werid errors. So when ever I go on a website or something a little things pops up and says "Device lost". Does anyone know how I fix this?

Well, if this is coming in the browser then consider this as a trick by the marketers but if this popup is coming for the phone then I would ask you "Does this phone belongs to you or ..." I don't get the point of getting Device Lost popup until or unless you are not the owner of that device.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Also if it would be possible to get a screen shot of that message ? :)

sent from my Moto X , Android Central Moderator

dave_michael

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I've been seeing the same. I previously had the Nexus 5 and didn't see this. I got the T-Mobile HTC One M8 and converted to GPE and have been seeing it since. As Rocketsaucev2 mentioned, I am using Netflix with Chromecast. Is that what's causing it?

I'll try and get a screenshot but it's an Android toast notification that pops up for a second or two.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I've been seeing the same. I previously had the Nexus 5 and didn't see this. I got the T-Mobile HTC One M8 and converted to GPE and have been seeing it since. As Rocketsaucev2 mentioned, I am using Netflix with Chromecast. Is that what's causing it?

I'll try and get a screenshot but it's an Android toast notification that pops up for a second or two.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'm running an xposed module called burnt toast which gives the app icon responsible for the toast and it was Netflix when I saw it on my X

-Slim Nexus 10-