[Verizon] Anyone else having SMS Timestamp Issues?

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
This is weird. Over the past few days my incoming SMS messages have been an hour later than my set time. Neither automatic or manual settings change it, and it happens with the stock sms app, handsent and GoSMS.
"SMS Time Fix" from the play store will fix it, but I want a real fix, not a patch. Ha s Verizon been acting up for anyone else?

Posted via Android Central App

castigs

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I started having the same problem yesterday. A couple message I received today are time-stamped for the 24th... Unless I'm getting messages from the future... Something isn't right.

marki86

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes! I thought the problem was just with Handcent. Never thought about it being Verizon. I wonder if it is just the Moto X? No one else in my family is having this issue.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes! I thought the problem was just with Handcent. Never thought about it being Verizon. I wonder if it is just the Moto X? No one else in my family is having this issue.

My understanding is that it usually is the carrier's fault. I was trying to avoid speaking with the dumb dumb crew over there, but it's looking like I'll have to. It just cropped up all on it's on, after daylight savings. Meh.

marki86

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I am only having the issue when using handcent. I tried textra and it did not do it. Now I am using chomp and it has not happened. I just prefer handcent.

marki86

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I am still having this issue, but only with Handcent. Of course, that is the text app I love. Any thoughts on if a factory reset might help?

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am still having this issue, but only with Handcent. Of course, that is the text app I love. Any thoughts on if a factory reset might help?

Mine does it no matter what. I opened a support ticket with Verizon. No word back from them yet.

marki86

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Please post what they say. I hate to do a factory reset. However, I really want to use handcent, but with the time correct!

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No word back yet. If it's a handcent only issue for you, maybe the developer can do something? Perhaps it's a theme issue?

marki86

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Just got a handcent update that lists time stamp issue on some Motorola phones. I hope this works!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2