Google Voice.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone.

So back when I had my Droid 4 I got rid of most of the Verizon services like backup and voicemail and set up Google Voice. When I got my Moto X back in Nov, I never set it back up. So I downloaded it, then I ended up clicking I don't know what. No voicemails besides the greetings one. I'm unsure on if its working or not.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone.

So back when I had my Droid 4 I got rid of most of the Verizon services like backup and voicemail and set up Google Voice. When I got my Moto X back in Nov, I never set it back up. So I downloaded it, then I ended up clicking I don't know what. No voicemails besides the greetings one. I'm unsure on if its working or not.

So on your moto X, did you download the Google Voice app and successfully sign into it?

Posted via Android Central App

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
So on your moto X, did you download the Google Voice app and successfully sign into it?

I downloaded it and signed up with my gmail yes. But I know Verizon has issues and it looks like I haven't received a voicemail in a year and a half.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Here is what I followed to set up Google Voice voicemail on my Moto X
[GUIDE] Google Voice on your Verizon GS3 - xda-developers
Step 7 is the important one.
To know if it works just call your phone from another phone and let it go to voicemail. You'll either hear the verizon greeting or the google greetings.

Ok, I skipped over #2, just because I didn't want to mess with it. I couldn't find #3 anywhere. And I went to voice.google.com, clicked on edit for my registered phone, and clicked on activate forwarding that way instead of step #7. I called and it worked, I heard the message. Can we have a bit of a message then the name, then finish it up? Hopefully this works, but I usually ignore voicemails anyways. xD Maybe that'll change with visual voicemail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol