Keep 4G on or not?

Hunter Petit

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm just wondering if I should keep my 4G on while out (and not on WiFi) or should I just turn it on when I need it? I have 2GB of data.

Posted with my Nexus 7 2012 or Moto X via the Android Central App

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I never turn off 4G and I only have 2GB of data as well. You bought a 4G capable phone for a reason and unless you're streaming video for hours, you should be fine. Not to mention Android had built in data level warnings as well as your carrier probably does too. Use your Moto X and enjoy it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I never turn off 4G and I only have 2GB of data as well. You bought a 4G capable phone for a reason and unless you're streaming video for hours, you should be fine. Not to mention Android had built in data level warnings as well as your carrier probably does too. Use your Moto X and enjoy it!

This. I have never turned it off and have never gone over my 2gb on any phone.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I hour of video streaming at fHD would be about 2gb.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Me too. I use Wi-Fi at home and use 4G when I leave the house. I have a 2GB data plan and have never gone over, but I did get a warning once. The main reason I like the Wi-Fi at home is for updating apps and synchronizing my OneDrive pics.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have never even turned on my WiFi on my X. 4G LTE only. I usually use 50+gb/month. Unlimited data for me.

Posted via my Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
4G doesn't use more data, it is faster, so you might use more data on 4G because it is easier. Basically if you are doing the same things the amount of data you use will be the same. Leave 4G on and you will have a better experience with the phone. watch your data usage regardless if you are worried about going over your limit.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I would presume the heart of this question would probably drive towards battery drain with 4G vs. 3G more so than data use (which would be irrelevant since that doesn't change dependent upon the radio you use).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance