Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Default "hiding" stock apps

While browsing on another forum I discovered that you can actually hide apps from the app drawer: by going to settings/storage/apps you can select apps to disable them. Disabling will uninstall any updates, delete any data associated with the app, and most importantly for me, remove them from the app drawer. So I just gained about 1 GB is storage space, plus cleared up so much useless stuff.
    Coming from blackberry where everything was so hidable this feels liberating.
    Just sharing

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: "hiding" stock apps

Quote Originally Posted by shetach View Post
    While browsing on another forum I discovered that you can actually hide apps from the app drawer: by going to settings/storage/apps you can select apps to disable them. Disabling will uninstall any updates, delete any data associated with the app, and most importantly for me, remove them from the app drawer. So I just gained about 1 GB is storage space, plus cleared up so much useless stuff.
    Coming from blackberry where everything was so hidable this feels liberating.
    Just sharing

Posted via Android Central App
    Well, rather than hiding the stock application you can try installing the some of the memory cleaner apps like du optimiser etc... what they does is they clear all the junk and useless data out of the system.

But unless you're rooted, a cleaner app like that won't be able to get rid of a stock app. If you have no use for a stock app and are unable to uninstall it, then disabling is the best option, since it prevents the app from opening and taking up any RAM.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

MOTO-X for all..................
    If you have no use for a stock app and are unable to uninstall it, then disabling is the best option,
    since it prevents the app from opening and taking up any RAM.But unless you're rooted, a cleaner app
    like that won't be able to get rid of a stock app.