Screen goes black on a call

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just had a weird thing with the X 4.4.2.

On a call and on hold longer than the normal screen timeout of 2-minutes. Finally got to a human and the screen was black but I was still able to carry on the call.

I didn't want to press any buttons in case it dropped the call and I would have to wait again. Nothing I could do would make the screen light up, shake ir, wipe the screen, tap it. Aftert the call I hit the on/off butotn and it was locked and needed a PIN to get back in.

Is there some option to not turn-off the screen during a call? Or is this an Android-4 feature! :D

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
This has to do with a sensor. There is a sensor at the top bezel of the phone that senses if your device is up to your ear. That way during a call your cheek won't accidently push buttons. Is it possibly blocked by a case or something? I'm sorry if I couldn't be more help to you.

On a call and on hold longer than the normal screen timeout of 2-minutes. Finally got to a human and the screen was black but I was still able to carry on the call.

I didn't want to press any buttons in case it dropped the call and I would have to wait again. Nothing I could do would make the screen light up, shake ir, wipe the screen, tap it. Aftert the call I hit the on/off butotn and it was locked and needed a PIN to get back in.

Is there some option to not turn-off the screen during a call? Or is this an Android-4 feature! :D

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

go to recovery and clear cache then data , to backup your data you can use helium app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton