Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen goes black on a call

Hi, just had a weird thing with the X 4.4.2.

On a call and on hold longer than the normal screen timeout of 2-minutes. Finally got to a human and the screen was black but I was still able to carry on the call.

I didn't want to press any buttons in case it dropped the call and I would have to wait again. Nothing I could do would make the screen light up, shake ir, wipe the screen, tap it. Aftert the call I hit the on/off butotn and it was locked and needed a PIN to get back in.

Is there some option to not turn-off the screen during a call? Or is this an Android-4 feature!

Global Posts
    1,653 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: Screen goes black on a call

This has to do with a sensor. There is a sensor at the top bezel of the phone that senses if your device is up to your ear. That way during a call your cheek won't accidently push buttons. Is it possibly blocked by a case or something? I'm sorry if I couldn't be more help to you.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyMiddle View Post

On a call and on hold longer than the normal screen timeout of 2-minutes. Finally got to a human and the screen was black but I was still able to carry on the call.

I didn't want to press any buttons in case it dropped the call and I would have to wait again. Nothing I could do would make the screen light up, shake ir, wipe the screen, tap it. Aftert the call I hit the on/off butotn and it was locked and needed a PIN to get back in.

Is there some option to not turn-off the screen during a call? Or is this an Android-4 feature!
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyMiddle View Post

go to recovery and clear cache then data , to backup your data you can use helium app
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer

Its may be on call time but its not to any tense.........................