Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Replace Moto X camera app with another camera?

One of my favorite Moto X layered features is the ability to launch the camera app with a twist gesture.

There does not, however, seem to be an option to select the camera app that is launched with this gesture.

If I wanted to, say, replace the Motorola camera app with the Google Camera app, is there any way to set this as the default in such a way that it would launch with the twist gesture?

Default Re: Replace Moto X camera app with another camera?

The twist gesture is part of the Motorola Camera app, not the OS. So, no, you can't switch to a different camera app.

If you are rooted there's an xposed module called twisty switch. Works perfectly

-Eclipsed Moto X-
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Bummer. Thanks for responding.

Insert 3-paragraph FWP rant about how this random edge case feature I want is the most important one and how Motorola is doing a disservice to the world by not serving my peculiar need here.
    Thanked by:

As a not-quite-the-same alternative, you can select the Google Camera to be the default for launching from the lock screen. I am aware that this isn't the twist gesture though.

I'm satisfied with using the Moto software with the twist gesture, but understand others' frustration.

Choosing a default camera app and accessing it from the lock screen is not a bad compromise, still allows pretty fast access.

The only problem is, I rarely use the full lock screen because the active notification lock screen pretty much activates every time I grab my phone.

I've got several features on my lock screen I never use because if it (swipe left for favorite contacts, left again for a calendar agenda view.)

Sent from my Moto X