Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    tnt118's Avatar

    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

    Default Verizon XLTE

    A bit to my surprise, our beloved Moto X is on the list of phones that will be able to take advantage of Verizon's upcoming XLTE. Not many details are known at this time, but big red will have an official announcement about the network on May 19.

    Source: http://www.droid-life.com/2014/05/17...hones-tablets/
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Verizon XLTE

    Well, you aren't joking shockingly a Moto X is on that lovely list

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  
    Murph5150's Avatar

    Posts
    657 Posts
    ROM
    Euroskank CM10

    Default Re: Verizon XLTE

    Quote Originally Posted by tnt118 View Post
    A bit to my surprise, our beloved Moto X is on the list of phones that will be able to take advantage of Verizon's upcoming XLTE. Not many details are known at this time, but big red will have an official announcement about the network on May 19.

    Source: http://www.droid-life.com/2014/05/17...hones-tablets/
    Yeah I heard they will launch with 50 markets. Which ones? I don't know. But exciting technology nonetheless!
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.
  4. #4  
    Murph5150's Avatar

    Posts
    657 Posts
    ROM
    Euroskank CM10

    Default Re: Verizon XLTE

    Quote Originally Posted by eric002 View Post
    Well, you aren't joking shockingly a Moto X is on that lovely list

    Posted via Android Central App
    Actually, all Category 4 LTE phones will have this network access, like the M8 and S5. I'm curious to see the differences!
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Verizon XLTE

    Quote Originally Posted by Murph5150 View Post
    Actually, all Category 4 LTE phones will have this network access, like the M8 and S5. I'm curious to see the differences!
    I think that you meant to say band 4 lte. Category 4 indicates maximum speed of 150mbps. The Moto X is category 3 lte so maximum 100mbps downlink.

    The m8 and s5 uses the snapdragon 801 which is category 4 lte. The 801 also supports lte-a with carrier aggregation (though not supported on Verizon variants)

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  
    Murph5150's Avatar

    Posts
    657 Posts
    ROM
    Euroskank CM10

    Default Re: Verizon XLTE

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I think that you meant to say band 4 lte. Category 4 indicates maximum speed of 150mbps. The Moto X is category 3 lte so maximum 100mbps downlink.

    The m8 and s5 uses the snapdragon 801 which is category 4 lte. The 801 also supports lte-a with carrier aggregation (though not supported on Verizon variants)

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Yes. I definitely cris crossed my verbiage, but I'm glad you knew what I meant and translated lol. Thanks.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.
  7. #7  
    radgatt's Avatar

    Posts
    672 Posts
    Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Verizon XLTE

    I think I remember a while back I saw some documents about the Verizon Dev edition of this phone having AWS Band 4 listed as one of the bands. Since then I had a feeling that if this were to happen that I'd be covered.

    Posted via Android Central App
    @workMakin$

Similar Threads

  1. Note3 and xlte
    By RHChan84 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 01:35 PM
  2. Verizon S5 text message issue
    By whiteshadow001 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 07:01 PM
  3. exchange s5 for m8 (verizon)
    By imone03 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-17-2014, 09:39 PM
  4. Verizon Galaxy S4 using 4G when mobile data is off
    By won_don in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2014, 05:47 PM
  5. Is Verizon faster than my wifi.?
    By kami8586 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-17-2014, 05:36 PM

Posting Permissions