Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X Camera

Deciding to get a new phone and I like the sound of the Moto X but have heard the camera is pure crap on this device even after the updates or using the Google Camera app from the Play Store. How does this camera stack up against the Galaxy S3 camera? Not a typo for S4. I'm talking about S3 camera.

Default Re: Moto X Camera

I came from an S3. I thought its camera was better than the Moto. Closer focus distance for macro shots. Much quicker. More accurate focus. However, I enjoy the quick twist access on the X and I've found the still pictures to be good enough. Just doesn't work for fast objects. Video is fine.

That being said, the other features on this phone for me for outweigh the camera weakness. I'm a fairly big camera/photography enthusiast too so it really is a decision on what's important in a phone.

There's an entire thread on here with examples and several others which talk about the topic.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Moto X Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Photo_Drew View Post
    I came from an S3. I thought its camera was better than the Moto. Closer focus distance for macro shots. Much quicker. More accurate focus. However, I enjoy the quick twist access on the X and I've found the still pictures to be good enough. Just doesn't work for fast objects. Video is fine.

That being said, the other features on this phone for me for outweigh the camera weakness. I'm a fairly big camera/photography enthusiast too so it really is a decision on what's important in a phone.

There's an entire thread on here with examples and several others which talk about the topic.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks for the reply. I'm actually choosing between the S3 and Moto X 32GB as my next phone and I don't need the latest hardware for simple texting/web browsing. The camera is a good selling point though and I would agree the S3 has a better one.