Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Ry
  • 1 Post By Christopher Senn1
  • 3 Post By thegrants82
  • 2 Post By Ry
  • 1 Post By Stang68
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default moto x camera is great compared to the LG G2

Wife just changed from IPhone to LG G2..besides the messed up UI, I was shocked to see how poor her photos came out..we compared similar pictures taken by both phones and each time the moto x was head and shoulders better.. on top of that after 2 weeks the knock on feature stopped working as and she has to use the back bottom to turn on the phone which is a pain..I wonder if anyone else had the same experience

Posted via Android Central App
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,854 Global Posts

Default Re: moto x camera is great compared to the LG G2

You should post comparisons.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    SpasticPat likes this.

surprising since the moto x is know to have just a meh camera. Still surprised how amazing the Windows Lumia 928 handles low light (maybe the best in the market outside the lumia line). And thats a cheap phone as well.
    aximtreo likes this.

Sounds like your wife got a defective G2.

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    Sounds like your wife got a defective G2.
    Agreed. The G2 camera is so much better than the motos camera that it's not even a contest.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I am telling you I was stunned as well..I assumed the G2 camera would be so much better as the screen on the G2 is much better..but the camera under performed under all conditions..also the G2 camera has so many extra features and modes which makes the camera almost useless in my eye. MOTO X skin is also much more user friendly

I owned a G2 for about 6 months before I switched to Republic Wireless and got a Moto X. From my experience, the camera on the G2 was VASTLY superior, there may be something wrong with your wife's G2. Most all camera comparisons done over the last year have sung the G2's praises, even beating the Samsungs.
    I absolutely love my Moto X, but i miss the G2 camera and screen!
    HTC EVO 4G > SGSIIE4GT > HTC REZOUND > GALAXY NEXUS>HTC ONE>LG G2>Moto X
    http://referrals.republicwireless.com/a/clk/2330S7

The moto X camera today is not the same as it was months ago. It's come a long way. My girls S4 walked circles around my X. Now hers will hardly ever give a photo of my X's quality. Especially in low light. 4.4.2 software update put it close to iPhone 5s in most cases to the untrained eye

Quote Originally Posted by tonymhoffman View Post
    The moto X camera today is not the same as it was months ago. It's come a long way. My girls S4 walked circles around my X. Now hers will hardly ever give a photo of my X's quality. Especially in low light. 4.4.2 software update put it close to iPhone 5s in most cases to the untrained eye

I'm sorry but I just have to respectfully disagree with what you are saying. It is just plain not accurate at all.

Not mine. (outdoors, yes, inside, not so much).

Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

I just did a comparison of my moto x vs my wife's S4 the other day at the park. The S4 consistently produced finer detail, richer and more accurate colors and better exposure. My moto x did fine, but in bright sunlight colors were not as vibrant and most of the shots turned out overexposed. I find it hard to believe that the g2 or S4 produced worse results that the x. I love my x and would not trade it for any phone but the camera is just not as good as some of the other flagships out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mhans311 View Post
    I just did a comparison of my moto x vs my wife's S4 the other day at the park. The S4 consistently produced finer detail, richer and more accurate colors and better exposure. My moto x did fine, but in bright sunlight colors were not as vibrant and most of the shots turned out overexposed. I find it hard to believe that the g2 or S4 produced worse results that the x. I love my x and would not trade it for any phone but the camera is just not as good as some of the other flagships out there.
    Could not have said it better myself.

Ry

Global Posts
    7,854 Global Posts

It would be better if you guys posted examples.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

jephanie and sixty_four like this.

For me the Moto X camera is fine. I came from a Galaxy S4, and with my use the quality difference is miniscule at best. I'm not a photographer. I take the occasional picture to capture a moment I would like to remember. The Moto X does that perfectly

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

I've had both phones and the g2 camera blows the moto x out the water I'm afraid

I agree. Mine was terrible when I first got it but I have no complaints now. I did test pics when I was at Disneyland to see what I would get on rides and of the night shows. I thought they were good. I took a pic of the castle at night with my X and also with my husband's iPhone 5s and mine actually came out better. Here's World of Color.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails moto x camera is great compared to the LG G2-img_20140403_215127003.jpg  

Android 4.4.3 should make the camera better than the Nexus 5.

Motorola Releases Android 4.4.3 for Moto X, Moto G, Moto E

The company is also promising improved camera image quality for Moto X (better consistency of exposure, more realistic flash coloring, and improved photos in low light conditions using the front camera). Moto X and Moto G owners can expect a new pause/resume button on the viewfinder for taking a break when video recording.

The only problem I have had with the device is the camera in low light, I do alot of youtube videos of reviewing products and the moto x is unusable under artificial lighting compared to the nexus 5, with exposure and focus all over the place. Hope they fix this, so I can ditch the nexus 5 for good and its crap battery.

Somethings not right there...my wife also has a G2 and it dominates my X camera-wise. The photos taken on the G2 are stunning. It's well known that the G2 has one of the best cameras in the industry. Your wife's is defective...return it.

If only there was some way to compare them!

jj2me likes this.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

I totally disagree.

I came from an iPhone 5 and when I look at my photos from the two devices, the iPhone photos were much better. I imagine the 5s even more so. That said, I love the Moto X. The picture though too notch are good enough usually.

Sent from my Moto X...

I haven't had an issue with the camera on the moto x. Pictures look fine. Had the G2 before and they looked fine there too. The Moto is by far a better phone.

Well I think some people may be struggling with how to use the X in low light.

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts

The camera is one of the many positives about the G2, with OIS built in and an excellent 13 MP sensor I have gotten LOTS of excellent shots with it. One of my sunset shots was so good I used it as a wallpaper for quite a while.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,854 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    You should post comparisons.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    While I love my Moto X, I know it doesn't have the strongest camera performance out there especially compared with the flagships from other OEMs. Please post comparisons.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo