Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation How safe is my Personal Information?

I recently sold my broken Moto X (it got wet and will not turn on). I am planning on shipping it out tomorrow, but I just had a thought. Is my information on it safe? I do not have a passcode on it so now that I am thinking about it, what are the chances that the person who bought it on eBay just wants my personal information? Is there anything I can do to keep my information safe, besides not selling the phone? Can I do something with google that logs me out of all devices and I have to log back in on all devices? I also have a password manager on the device, I believe it was Keepass that has all my passwords in it.

BTW it is a bamboo backed 32 GB that I sold for $90 almost as soon as I put it online. If anyone else is trying to sell a similar phone, I recommend selling it for a bit more.

Global Posts
    6,750 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: How safe is my Personal Information?

Give this link a try: https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager According to the help article: https://support.google.com/accounts/...e_manager&rd=1 if you have this set up, selecting the erase function will work if the device is ever powered on.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I got onto the Moto website to discuss with them what happened and what I could do to save my information. As soon as I described dropping it in the water, they offered to replace it free of charge (Another customized 32GB phone) Being a Verizon customer, I never expected this in a million years!
    Thanked by:
    Clocks 

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanATHF View Post
    I got onto the Moto website to discuss with them what happened and what I could do to save my information. As soon as I described dropping it in the water, they offered to replace it free of charge (Another customized 32GB phone) Being a Verizon customer, I never expected this in a million years!
    Uh, how's that going to work if you already sold your old phone?
    It's my immaturity that keeps me young.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I agreed to sell it, but they had not paid yet so I canceled the sell.

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanATHF View Post
    I agreed to sell it, but they had not paid yet so I canceled the sell.
    You lucked out.
    It's my immaturity that keeps me young.

Global Posts
    500 Global Posts

Motorola support is amazing, don't care what anyone else says. Some people have all kinds of trouble, but I see more stories of this kind than the other. And even if the sale went through it would have been worth the possible 1 negative feedback and probably small fee in refunding the money.

I agree. I have had nothing but great experiences with them. I was told that the customer service is based here in the US during normal business hours and it is taken over by an outsourced company overseas after our normal Monday thru Friday 8 to 5 or something like that. Not sure how true all of this is. I have only ever contacted them online during these business hours and have had great experiences.

Posted via Android Central App