Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ScottMGS
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery after 4.4.3 Update

After trying different things for a few days, there is still no improvement in the battery performance after a 4.4.3 update, I am posting some screen shots below to get a fresh look from you.

I've cleared the cache, Dalvik cach, and a factory reset.

In the screen shots, never mind the Airplane mode. I accidentally turned it on right before taking the screen shots.

The last three screen shots are from Wake Lock Detector.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery after 4.4.3 Update-screenshot_2014-06-30-05-07-23-1-.png   Battery after 4.4.3 Update-screenshot_2014-06-30-05-07-33-1-.png   Battery after 4.4.3 Update-screenshot_2014-06-30-05-07-48-1-.png   Battery after 4.4.3 Update-screenshot_2014-06-30-05-08-26-1-.png   Battery after 4.4.3 Update-screenshot_2014-06-30-05-08-50-1-.png  

Default Re: Battery after 4.4.3 Update

Have you rebooted? Also looks like you're rooted - all bets are always off on rooted devices.

I got 14 hours with 1.5hr SOT yesterday - mostly on LTE.

Global Posts
    495 Global Posts

I was about to ask if he is rooted. I've never seen the 6 dots in the lower left before. Or is that new?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNM84 View Post
    I was about to ask if he is rooted. I've never seen the 6 dots in the lower left before. Or is that new?
    That's a "protected" (aka requires root to change) area - so he's gotta be rooted imo. I've never seen it either.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes, I am rooted. I was rooted on 4.4.2 too, but it was fine.

Global Posts
    495 Global Posts

Stock ROM? Have many extras installed that require root? Maybe something isn't playing nice with 4.4.3 that was good on 4.4.2.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNM84 View Post
    Stock ROM? Have many extras installed that require root? Maybe something isn't playing nice with 4.4.3 that was good on 4.4.2.
    It's stock ROM, but out of desperation, I installed some root stuff AFTER experiencing the drain. The two big ones are Greenify and the Faux kernel. They are not helping any.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    It's stock ROM, but out of desperation, I installed some root stuff AFTER experiencing the drain. The two big ones are Greenify and the Faux kernel. They are not helping any.
    I hate to say it but you may be due for a factory reset. The slope of that line is HORRENDOUSLY larger than mine - and you have no use during that timeframe which is exceedingly worrysome - especially when it's 5ish hours on airplane mode with zero use.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by ShoelerDroid View Post
    I hate to say it but you may be due for a factory reset. The slope of that line is HORRENDOUSLY larger than mine - and you have no use during that timeframe which is exceedingly worrysome - especially when it's 5ish hours on airplane mode with zero use.
    The airplane mode was my mistake. Instead of selecting to take a screenshot, I selected the airplane mode. The airplane mode you see was only a few seconds long.

But yeah, what you see was zero usage. It was 100% before I went to bed, and the screenshots were when I got up. I did a factory reset just three days ago. I think 4.4.4. is coming.

I'm definetly noticing a huge battery decrease and a ton of wake locks and google services is a huge part of my drain.

I just had my moto X replaced due to excessive battery drain while idle. I mean my phone was almost as bad as yours withing 6-8hrs and less than an hr of SOT I was at 20%. Motorola online chat confirmed that my battery was bad. They sent me a moto maker code and I got my new phone delivered sent the old one back. There are no wake locks detected so your battery is just draining for no apparent reason.

Ya I had 30 minutes of screen on time today and my phone had a ton of awake time.

I feel like Google services is causing this.

Running ART I find battery is lasting longer. Noticeable so.
    Guess since it's default run time for L must be out of beta.
    Good News!

Your mobile network signal is pretty poor and that'll use up battery, too.
    ShoelerDroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottMGS View Post
    Extremely good point to make - very poor signal alone will chew battery.
    Thanked by:

Ya but 11% of my battery was takin up though by google services

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerbrett View Post
    Ya but 11% of my battery was takin up though by google services
    Perfectly normal. I'm shocked it's that low, actually.

Well I haven't seen the google service thing in couple days draining my battery and had a great battery day yesterday.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by ScottMGS View Post
    What indicates that the network signal is poor?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    What indicates that the network signal is poor?
    Touch the battery bar chart and you will be taken to the battery "History Details" section (it is one of the screenshots you posted above). The mobile network signal is across the bottom. you have a gray-ish yellow almost the entire time which means that you have a poor network signal. Brighter yellow or green would be better as your phone doesn't have to work as hard to keep a signal - and it can send/receive stuff faster so that the radios don't have to work as much. The data radios can eat through your battery pretty quick if they are working hard. So, if you are in a location where you can hop on a wifi, do that and keep the wifi on all the time. The phone then turns off the cellular data and relies on wifi which takes up MUCH less battery. I have absolutely no cell signal at work (red all day long) but have a strong wifi signal and I still easily last all day long on a single charge (usually at about 40% by 11pm).
    Thanked by 2: