Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wireless Headphone Q

I apologize in advance if I am posting this in the wrong section, I have a Moto X and am questioning a device compatible with the X.

I use headphones to listen to podcasts all day at work. I don't use the speaker bc I am listening to NSFW content Howard Stern, Bill Burr, etc...

Anyway, I am sick of using a corded headphone bc it gets int he way of my typing, writing, etc. Does anyone know of or use a Bluetooth or wireless earpiece that would be compatible with podcast or music players that i can look in to? 2 of my older Bluetooth earpieces that I don't use anymore anyway don't seem to be compatible. Again, they are older, but don't play music though the piece when i have it playing on my X.

Any advice from the Moto X crowd who use something similar would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Wireless Headphone Q

Check out Jawbone Bluetooth ear piece, also Jabra.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

I listen to mostly talk shows on my bus commute to work.

I recommend a set of LG Tone purely because the battery lasts 2 - 2.5 times longer than other bluetooth earpieces in the sub-100$ crowd.
    Thanked by:

I'm using a Sony SBH80 set for my daily commute in and out of London.
    They block external sound effectively and last the advertised 7 hours on battery.
    Last edited by C0deM0nkey; 07-02-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

I grabbed a paid of S11's from motorola back when they were handing out $50 accessory coupons (I got the $99 ones). Great sound and stayed put when jogging, but the damn things wouldn't stay in my ears.

The more expensive $129 have more adjust-ability and may have worked for me, but they wouldn't let me re-use my coupon so I just sent them back for a refund.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

This applies less to a podcast listener, but for wired-like fidelity, take advantage of the Moto X's Apt-X support and get headphones with Apt-X.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I have these Motorola Bluetooth headphones that I really like and work well with the moto x. 10 hour talk time which is better then most I have seen.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=REG&A=details

Quote Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
    This applies less to a podcast listener, but for wired-like fidelity, take advantage of the Moto X's Apt-X support and get headphones with Apt-X.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    I should have mentioned that the Sony SBH80 has AptX support:
    http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/...-headset-sbh80
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

thank you very much for the suggestions. I am researching all of them to see what I like best.

CodeMonkey, can you tell me how the battery life is on SBH80? It says under the specs a talk time of 9 hours and a stream time of 6. I'm assuming that would mean podcast/music streaming. I like that the one 4runner posted has a 10 hour life. I would guess that means it has a stream life of 7 hours. I listen almost all day at work and would need to have a daily life of at least 6-7 hours.

also how comfortable are these models to wear? I usually only have 1 bud in so that I can hear others in my office when need be. I would do the same with these. This is one of the reasons I like the Bluetooth single earpiece models as well, but they don't seem to have the battery life these do. Maybe I have not looked enough.

Jawbone?

Really comfortable to wear - ships with 3 sizes of buds.
    7 hours music time, standby is measured in days (currently I show 5 hours play time, 15 days standby).
    Thanked by:

I've had the Motorola Buds for a couple weeks and I haven't run them out of battery, yet. I usually listen for 5-7 hours/day.
    Thanked by:

I use the Jabra Extreme 2 earpiece for podcasts. Good for about five hours with decent sound. Noise cancellation is great on the calls, too.

Sent from some Android device or another using the AC Forums app.
    Thanked by:

The Motorola buds would last me over a 8 hour work day no problem streaming music.
    The ends have magnets that hold the headphones so putting 1 headphone in is not a problem.
    Thanked by:

All the suggestions in this thread are good, and I use the S10 headset. The noise reduction during phonecalls is a plus. For a little more money you can pick up their new S11 headphones. A friend of mine has them and he says they are great.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

Thought he was looking for a single ear piece not stereo Jaybird's BlueBuds work great last about 6+ hours have the comply foam tips block out a lot if not all sound.
    Thanked by:

For a stereo headset, I wouldn't hesitate to suggest the Motorola S-11 Flex HD. I have one, the sound is good, it has controls on the headset, can take phone calls, and it lives up to the water/sweat proof claim (trust me, I've tested it against sweat MANY times). The Flex version has several adjustments you can make to the fit, compared to the non-flex version.
    Thanked by: