Thoughts of lg g3

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I figured I'd give you my impression and opinion of the LG g3 phone. I said I look at it since I was eligible in January for the phone how many to the stores today to look at it, and all I saw was a bezel less screen which was not a bad thing, but the phone that was huge. It's got a 5.5 inch screen which is a phablet of course. M the screen size which is quality HD display looks great but most applications we all know are not written for a quad HD type of display yet so it doesn't need it that much yet. I was watching a video overview of YouTube a couple of days ago with between the g3 and Galaxy S 5 and then put the insulation... They said they would play aggressive rich intensive game on the gs3, when you hit the home button, just like in the first generation Android phones just like the Droid one, all you get is a blank screen until the system memory processes all the icons and widgets you had in the various places on your home screen . They said the photo real nice but its too reminiscent of that first generation Android phone unfortunately :-( hay day. Now of course compare that to the Moto X, is a little weird because there is a friend boat. lists for specs I know it has a Snapdragon 801 chip and 3 gigs of ram if you get the 32 gig model, but if you ask me our moto X is such a solid phone with stock vanilla Android that it doesn't matter.. The only real thing I like about the LG g3 is that it has the software buttons just like our Moto X has that's about it. I really love her pocketable smaller screen size the fact that we can one hand typing and do anything in a jiffy I was also looking at the Moto X plus one just like everyone else has of course, but again we don't need a quad core chip I don't know about you, but my phone takes a long just fine for what I need... Well, thanks again for reading this, just wanted to tell everyone my opinion of this and what not I hope you have a good day...

Posted via Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I saw it at Best Buy. Nice screen, but I have no interest in such a gigantic phone. And it really is gigantic.

Hahaha yes, yes it is! I just didn't realize how big it is until I saw it in this store. It really is a galaxy note3 5.5 inch screen LG phablet.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Hahaha yes, yes it is! I just didn't realize how big it is until I saw it in this store. It really is a galaxy note3 5.5 inch screen LG phablet.

And the X is still smoother and faster than the LG

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
And the X is still smoother and faster than the LG

Yes, yes it is! That's what that YouTube video from phone dog was saying... When they played a graphic intense game then they hit the home button and the home screen was blank until the system RAM memory clean that stuff up for the icons and widgets. That's so reminiscent of the first generation Android phone does not even funny. I was not even expecting that, but failing that LG skin that they use on the g3 has issues unfortunately. I'll be honest with everyone here, our Moto X is by far the fastest phone for Android next to Nexus 5 if you ask me...

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It's a nice piece of kit for sure. But I just can't live without active notifications & always on always listening now that I have them. Plus twist to launch camera is something I use all the time too. I really like the virtually stock Android experience the Moto X offers. The Moto X is fast, smooth as silk & gets quick OS updates. It just does Android right. Can't wait for the X+1!

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It's a nice piece of kit for sure. But I just can't live without active notifications & always on always listening now that I have them. Plus twist to launch camera is something I use all the time too. I really like the virtually stock Android experience the Moto X offers. The Moto X is fast, smooth as silk & gets quick OS updates. It just does Android right. Can't wait for the X+1!

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
I agree with everything you just said.

ProParkour

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Now that you mention it I never really noticed how fast the X goes back to the home screen. It is almost instant on my X but on my friend's GS4 it is noticeable. I am comparing it to that since they are currently sitting next to me and we could compare side by side.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Now that you mention it I never really noticed how fast the X goes back to the home screen. It is almost instant on my X but on my friend's GS4 it is noticeable. I am comparing it to that since they are currently sitting next to me and we could compare side by side.

Yes believe me at first, I didn't think too much of it. However, when you can use the Moto X Home button action consistency and reliability you start to notice these things as well do the software acceleration and the smoothness and silkiness of the operating system without any skins at all this is what kit Kat is meant to be... It's interesting, no matter which app I'm using my phone, but it's a simple Facebook app, or something more intensive and I'm not a big gamer at all, there's no lag at all! There's something to be said for that of course. Plus the twisting activation for camera plus active notifications plus the controls all adds up to a beast of a phone regardless of us that makes and models...

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
One of the reasons I love my Moto X is the lack of lag. That would drive me nuts on the G3. If I were to upgrade phones (which I'm not), I'd definitely choose the M8 over the G3 for that reason as well (or more likely wait for the X+1).

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I ended up throwing the G3 ROM on my LG G2 few a week or so just to see the new features and what little additions LG put in the software. By the end, I felt the same way about their OS as I did with what came on the G2 and what is on Samsung phones. There's so much stuff crammed in there that I almost get tired of using the phone by the end of the day. Health this, QSlide that, Knock Code/Knock On only working 7/10 times. I ended up going back to CM11. I'll take a stock or slightly stock build of Android over the rube goldberg machine of LG and Samsung ROM's

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I ended up throwing the G3 ROM on my LG G2 few a week or so just to see the new features and what little additions LG put in the software. By the end, I felt the same way about their OS as I did with what came on the G2 and what is on Samsung phones. There's so much stuff crammed in there that I almost get tired of using the phone by the end of the day. Health this, QSlide that, Knock Code/Knock On only working 7/10 times. I ended up going back to CM11. I'll take a stock or slightly stock build of Android over the rube goldberg machine of LG and Samsung ROM's

Yeah I must agree with u want all those points, when I heard of. Code qslide all those other features all I felt was give me key features they sound cool at first, but I can't imagine they wouldn't we're sitting after awhile anyways. So many software gimmicks at the end of the day. The Moto X you don't have any software gimmicks on the moto x.

lsutigers03

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
The G3 is a fantastic phone but I've decided it's way more phone than I need. I have a Moto X developer edition on the way and when I get it I'm going to sell the G3.

EDIT: If anyone is confused by all the Moto X references it's because this topic was originally posted on the Moto X forum.

Last edited:

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any point to this thread. If you don't like the G3 fine, but to come to the G3 forum and start a bash thread? No point at all.

bigkevbosky

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I laugh every time I see someone praise the Moto X. Such as awesome phone blah blah. How many did they sell? Like, 250? They sold so many they got themselves sold.

If I wanted a stock Android phone I'd go back to the Nexus 5. The Moto X is the most pointless phone I've ever seen.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I laugh every time I see someone praise the Moto X. Such as awesome phone blah blah. How many did they sell? Like, 250? They sold so many they got themselves sold.

If I wanted a stock Android phone I'd go back to the Nexus 5. The Moto X is the most pointless phone I've ever seen.

You have a point, I loved my motox but they sure haven't sold a lot of them. Motox die hards will even argue published sales figures.

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I must be one of the few people who actually think the phone is rather small. Coming from a Lumia 1520, the phone definitely did not feel like a 5.5" screen phone in my hand. Having very minimal bezel helps a lot. Heck, isn't it smaller than the One M8 (edit: just checked and they are actually both about the same size) and just a tad bit bigger than a GS5 overall?

Edit: It's also slightly lighter than the M8 and only slightly heavier than the GS5.

M8 - Dimensions 146.4 x 70.6 x 9.4 mm (5.76 x 2.78 x 0.37 in) / Weight 160 g (5.64 oz)
G3 - Dimensions 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm (5.76 x 2.94 x 0.35 in) / Weight 149 g (5.26 oz)
GS5 - Dimensions 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm (5.59 x 2.85 x 0.32 in) / Weight 145 g (5.11 oz)

I really don't see why one would have difficulties handling one and not the other.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I have a Moto X and its one of the best phones I ever had. I had a few of the other phones available, HTC, Samsung and Motorola.I have had a Nexus. Actually there have been no terrible android phone I have ever owned.So I would say I liked them all :)
I like and use all the features the Moto X ,perfect size for me, runs buttery smooth.
As we know everyone likes different phones for different reasons.

Speaking of laughing: :D
Its kinda funny to me when some people put down another phone If they never owned it.
So ....I'm curious Have you ever owned the Moto X ?

PS: And yes this thread was originally in the Moto X forums as mentioned above in another post.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm still setting her up. I'm impressed how LG squeezed all this and it's only slightly bigger than my S5.

There is lag but it's not a deal breaker either and I'll see how everything goes after I install Nova Prime.

I love the Build and Design, LG did an amazing job a great improvement over the G2.

As for this Display I'm not going to make that mistake I made with the Z2. I'll let things die down before I decide if this 2K is all hype.

Pro S5