Cracked Back Cover

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Yep, thank you for the link.

One of the posts is mine:
Hey, mine is like that too! I just pulled the case off of my woven black XT1053 and sure enough the cracks are on the same place as the pictures above. I'm not going to do anything about it however as the phone is six months old, works perfectly and with the case on it I can't see them. I guess I'm just not AR enough to care.

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine has the cracks coming from the corners of the power and volume buttons, but nothing from the Sim tray. I'll have to post on the moto forum and see what happens.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a matte black back but I don't have any cracks on the side whatsoever, I also do not use a case. Will keep an eye on it though.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Standard matte black here with cracks. Not sure if I should be angry about it or not. Knew I should've gotten a case.... Then again I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for this thread!:confused:

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I called customer support and they will not cover the phone under warranty as it's physical damage. I told her that I would send them pictures of the stress cracks but all she said they would do is send a free back cover. So, I'm going to do some research and see who I can contact to get this resolved. This is my 4th Motorola smartphone (yeah yeah, I know it means nothing to them) and I believe I should get the phone repaired at the very least. So I'm a little irritated. I will look into the post from above to see how they got theirs taken care of and I will keep you guys posted so you know how to go forth with it.

Last edited:

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
OK, taken of. Follow that forum link. I'm getting a new phone thanks to a dedicated individual.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith