Two separate calendars using two google accounts

silly_rabbit

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I have 2 google accounts, one for work, and one for personal. I want to set up 2 calendars, one for each account. I cant seem to figure this out. I have tried multiple email apps (jorte, aCalendar, business calendar etc) every time I change one, it changes my google calendar as well. I have searched all over for a solution, but have come up empty. Has anyone been successful at this? Any help would be appreciated. I have been at this for hours and I am at my wits end.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried it myself, but assuming you have both Google accounts linked to your phone, go to Google Calendar, tap Menu, then Settings. Do you see both email accounts listed there? If not, tap the account you see, and then tap Add Account at the upper right--that will take you to Settings>Accounts, where you can properly add the other Google account.

Once you have both accounts there, select each account, and make sure the calendars that you want to sync with the device are checked. Now go back to the main Calendar menu, and tap "Calendars to display"--I think you should be able to select which calendars from which accounts to display.

silly_rabbit

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. That's what is frustrating, I have tried that with google calendar as well as other apps and still when I change one it changes the other.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I just tried today calendar pro version and I can select one google account to display and have another google account displaying on my google calendars built in app. I just went to settings on both apps and clicked on the calendar I want displayed and they kept them separate.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. That's what is frustrating, I have tried that with google calendar as well as other apps and still when I change one it changes the other.

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're saying here--do you mean that when you choose to display one Google account's calendar, you're unable to display any calendar from the other Google account at the same time?

victorsdaddy

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I have my calender set up with 2 different calenders. 1 work and one personal. I even shared the work one with my wifes gmail so she can plan stuff when i am off.. its best to set up on desktop rather than thru phone. Once they are created phone can manage accounts

drsuse74

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I have my calender set up with 2 different calenders. 1 work and one personal. I even shared the work one with my wifes gmail so she can plan stuff when i am off.. its best to set up on desktop rather than thru phone. Once they are created phone can manage accounts
Agreed, my company is hosted by google so we have a work calendar through google, a personal one for me, my wife's,my grandfather's, and one for bills all separate calendars and all managed via the phone. I'm not sure if you are just setting it up correctly