need help, batter life

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, just bought my moto X through Moto Maker a week, i've only charged for 4 times. Here are the problems.
_I turned on wifi, location at battery saving mode, auto sync on, 2G background data restricted, drains 20% over night. Then i factory data reset it
_Then i turned off wifi, sync off, location off, everything off, drains 10% over night. Then i hard reset it
_Unplugged at 5pm at 100%, used since, 5hours and a half now, screen on for 3hours and 55minutes with wifi on, location battery saving off, sync off, 25% now, it' 10:35pm here
• Is that normal ? should i reinstall stock ROM on xda forum that one man took it out of T-Mobile Moto X ?
many tks :)
btw, my phone never gets hot , just cool and sometimes a little warm

4runnerbrett

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
With your 4 hours screen on time you can't really expect much else from a 2200 mah battery.
Trust me you battery is perfect. If not better then perfect.

KGun

May 8, 2014
Visit site
With my Moto X having data, location and WiFi on it drains 20-22% while I sleep 6-7 hours.
Turning data and location off, it drains 5-6% overnight.
I leave location off most of the time. Bluetooth is never on. Data gets turned on when I'm out and about and after I get to work.
The only thing that drains the battery fast with this setup is reading ebooks a lot.

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
i saw one post from October 2013 said that it drains only 48% for 3hours screen on time. i usually started with 90% at 6am and it drops to 20% at 12pm. with like 3 hours screen on time. Is it because of the android 4.4.3 drains more battery than the 4.4.2 . i can never make it through a day

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Just SOT is not a good judge of Moto X battery because it uses alot less battery while watching a video for an hour vs playing a 3D game for an hour. The Moto X battery doesn't do as well as others when it comes to high load processes. It is easy to run through a battery in less than a day if you try but can also last 2 days if you try.

Screenshot_2014-08-26-00-41-10.png

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Almost 4h of screen time is quite a bit especially if you're playing games or watching video. That sounds about right for the battery size. Most other phones with a screen this big and similar battery will do about the same.

20% overnight sounds like a quite a bit but you've barely had the phone for over a week. You need to go through a few battery cycles before the phone gets the percentage right. Also I usually keep mine on the charger overnight. Doesn't hurt it any and keeps the battery topped off which is probably desirable for Li-ion.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
it drains like 10% for every 30 minutes screen on with wifi, is that normal ?

Yes, that extrapolates to 5 hours of continuous screen-on time, which is about right for the Moto X.

You might get more (or less) depending on screen brightness, how much of the screen is showing white versus black (AMOLED, so white means all subpixels are lit, and takes more battery than a color that involves one or two subpixels which takes more than black where all subpixels are off), and what other components are running (any phone that can run Ingress for 5 hours is a "keepah" as we say in Maine).

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
"Screen on time" means nothing. Playing a game is going to drain a heck of a lot more battery than reading a book with a black background/night mode.

Both activities include the screen being on. Open a reader app with white text and a black background and walk away and see how long it lasts.

Posted via Android Central App

BizzyGeek

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm having significant Android OS battery drain on unlocked T-Mobile 4.4.3. Does anyone know a fix?

Posted via Android Central App