Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    I have lost all interest in other phone brands. I would like to know what the folks at Moto got up there sleeve.

    They seem to have the most innovation and guts to try something new. From features to architecture.

    I wonder what it will be coming next?

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,179 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,186 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by zobog View Post
    I have lost all interest in other phone brands. I would like to know what the folks at Moto got up there sleeve.

    They seem to have the most innovation and guts to try something new. From features to architecture.

    I wonder what it will be coming next?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Probably too early to tell.

    The consumer focus is on launching the current X and G, expanding availability for both. New backs via Motomaker on the current X are a possibility. Wouldn't surprise me to see new shells for the G.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by zobog View Post
    I have lost all interest in other phone brands. I would like to know what the folks at Moto got up there sleeve.

    They seem to have the most innovation and guts to try something new. From features to architecture.

    I wonder what it will be coming next?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Same here. It sucks that they released the X towards the end of the year last year because now that its a new year Im expecting some info on their new device already lol.
    I did find this though, but like Ry said it may be too early to tell
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    Yea I know. I like reading about new phones but this phone has made me lose interest I guess. Except for the next one. I'll wait patiently for summer. Guess all the is till then is iPhone phablet rumors meh

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    My wife and I are still clinging to our Samsung Galaxy Nexus phones with Verizon. With unlimited data, I just do not want to go through an upgrade right now, even though we've had these phones for over two years now.

    I'd love to hold out for whatever the next iteration of the Moto X is, as the current one seems to be very popular. But there is just nothing out there right now, save for that article posted above about possible future customization of screen size.

    One thing that would be great, as far as customization goes, is choosing a better camera. People like my wife are tempted to go to the Iphone because of the quality of the photos that they take, but they are less interested in other specs. Could Moto go as far as offering a different camera sensor options - I mean, wouldn't some people be willing to pay an extra $50 for a better camera sensor, or would that just be too much?

    **** Just re read the article and he does mention camera customization. Overlooked that.
  6. #6  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,179 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,186 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by philosopherisdog View Post
    My wife and I are still clinging to our Samsung Galaxy Nexus phones with Verizon. With unlimited data, I just do not want to go through an upgrade right now, even though we've had these phones for over two years now.

    I'd love to hold out for whatever the next iteration of the Moto X is, as the current one seems to be very popular. But there is just nothing out there right now, save for that article posted above about possible future customization of screen size.

    One thing that would be great, as far as customization goes, is choosing a better camera. People like my wife are tempted to go to the Iphone because of the quality of the photos that they take, but they are less interested in other specs. Could Moto go as far as offering a different camera sensor options - I mean, wouldn't some people be willing to pay an extra $50 for a better camera sensor, or would that just be too much?

    **** Just re read the article and he does mention camera customization. Overlooked that.
    Are you looking for larger screens?
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by philosopherisdog View Post
    My wife and I are still clinging to our Samsung Galaxy Nexus phones with Verizon. With unlimited data, I just do not want to go through an upgrade right now, even though we've had these phones for over two years now.

    I'd love to hold out for whatever the next iteration of the Moto X is, as the current one seems to be very popular. But there is just nothing out there right now, save for that article posted above about possible future customization of screen size.

    One thing that would be great, as far as customization goes, is choosing a better camera. People like my wife are tempted to go to the Iphone because of the quality of the photos that they take, but they are less interested in other specs. Could Moto go as far as offering a different camera sensor options - I mean, wouldn't some people be willing to pay an extra $50 for a better camera sensor, or would that just be too much?

    **** Just re read the article and he does mention camera customization. Overlooked that.
    You should jump at the moto x discounts. At least get some 16 GB standard models. 1000 times better than the GNEX. I can't believe how much better the Moto X is.
    IMO the Moto X is the best smartphone out there. I went from the GNEX to the S3 to the Droid RAZR HD Dev to the S4 to the Moto X.
    Nothing compares the X for overall experience.

    Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    We may go with the Moto X, but it is already 6 months old at this point. I know that isn't a terribly long time, but we tend to hang on to the same phone for a couple of years.
  9. #9  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,179 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,186 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by philosopherisdog View Post
    We may go with the Moto X, but it is already 6 months old at this point. I know that isn't a terribly long time, but we tend to hang on to the same phone for a couple of years.
    This is why the Moto X will probably feel the same performance-wise throughout it's entire lifecycle:
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  10. #10  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,526 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,801 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    I think the X is going to be a phone that can easily run over 2 years.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    Moto is going to have no problem with stock Android and ART enabled. I'll continue to use till the Moto X2 come out or a Nexus that have touchless control.
  12. #12  
    jweimn's Avatar

    Posts
    283 Posts
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac58 View Post
    Same here. It sucks that they released the X towards the end of the year last year because now that its a new year Im expecting some info on their new device already lol.
    I did find this though, but like Ry said it may be too early to tell
    This part of Motorola that was working in that project I believe was transferred to Google with the sale of Motorola so it's in Google's court now I think.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by philosopherisdog View Post
    One thing that would be great, as far as customization goes, is choosing a better camera. ...
    I absolutely believe all these companies are doing the best they possibly can with cameras. If Motorola were capable of delivering a better camera, they would ship it on the mainstream model. Same with Google on the Nexus, HTC etc. They'd be crazy to hold it back as an option.

    Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    No, it could be better, they lack the budget and or expertise to create better software for it. Sony provide camera sensors for most of the high end smartphones, including Apple, its up to the companies to make best use of them.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    No, it could be better, they lack the budget and or expertise to create better software for it. Sony provide camera sensors for most of the high end smartphones, including Apple, its up to the companies to make best use of them.
    Yes, they lack the expertise, that is my position. It's not just a matter of purchasing a superior part.

    Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk
  16. #16  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,179 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,186 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by jweimn View Post
    This part of Motorola that was working in that project I believe was transferred to Google with the sale of Motorola so it's in Google's court now I think.
    Yup. The Project Ara team will stay with Google.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  17. #17  
    jaboop's Avatar

    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    *cough* lenevo screwed me dreams over *cough
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Probably too early to tell.

    The consumer focus is on launching the current X and G, expanding availability for both. New backs via Motomaker on the current X are a possibility. Wouldn't surprise me to see new shells for the G.
    Is there a way to swap out the backs yourself? I have a slate black but the wood backs are pretty nice looking.

    Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  19. #19  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,179 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,186 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by mynameis View Post
    Is there a way to swap out the backs yourself? I have a slate black but the wood backs are pretty nice looking.

    Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    The backs on the X can be swapped but the process isn't as clean at the Moto G. Sites like iFixIt have teardown guides.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    The backs on the X can be swapped but the process isn't as clean at the Moto G. Sites like iFixIt have teardown guides.
    Sweet. So then how do I purchase just the individual backs?

    Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?

    I may hold out until i hear more about what Moto has up their sleeves in the next few weeks. Very tempting to buy at the discounted price, but i think that the price won't be high (after the price drop) for much longer. Hoping this isn't a stupid plan.

Similar Threads

  1. T-Mobile: Finally made the jump...
    By mrtinydave in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 02-07-2014, 06:03 AM
  2. Moto X tops LTE network connectivity test
    By still1 in forum Moto X
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 08:22 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 04:03 PM
  4. What do you think OEM's could have improved on last year [poll]?
    By icyrock1 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-24-2014, 06:56 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2014, 11:52 AM

Posting Permissions

B