Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: What Would You Change For the X2 (Assuming There Would Be One)?

I would like an IR blaster and a notification light (although I realize that there is Active Notifications). I prefer a notification light over Active Notifications, and at least the option to use either or both. FM radio and wireless charging. I don't mind the current screen (except could be 5") and 720p resolution (good enough for me). This would be about perfect for me.

Solar charging, hehe (not going to hapen).

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Magm View Post
    I would like an IR blaster and a notification light (although I realize that there is Active Notifications). I prefer a notification light over Active Notifications, and at least the option to use either or both. FM radio and wireless charging. I don't mind the current screen (except could be 5") and 720p resolution (good enough for me). This would be about perfect for me.

I think the Nexus 5 is very much up your alley, except IR Blaster and FM. When it come to stock android, RGB LED and wireless charging, I think Nexus.

If you want IR Blaster too, maybe look at the upcoming HTC M8. I don't think Nexus devices will have IR Blaster, since Google concentrate more on doing it wirelessly over the internet through their server, they need it to go through their server for the ads revenue.

I hate plugging that little cord in to charge my moto x .

I definitely want wireless charging built in

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    I think the Nexus 5 is very much up your alley, except IR Blaster and FM. When it come to stock android, RGB LED and wireless charging, I think Nexus.

If you want IR Blaster too, maybe look at the upcoming HTC M8. I don't think Nexus devices will have IR Blaster, since Google concentrate more on doing it wirelessly over the internet through their server, they need it to go through their server for the ads revenue.
    Funny you say that because I have a Nexus 5. I did get a Moto X after I bought my Nexus 5, but I returned it. The $ I'd lose by selling my Nexus 5 wasn't worth it (cost of depreciation and selling/shipping fees from eBay). I preferred the AMOLED screen of the X, but like the 5" size better than the 4.7". The Nexus 5 battery is frustrating in that it has great standby time, but there are times when it'll start to drain unexpectedly, despite not changing anything. I'm at home and look at my battery level on the battery app, and without any reason, it'll just start to plummet.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Yes, second FM Radio. Another one I forgot in my original post. I doubt it will happen since the carriers want you to use as much data as possible, but there is an argument that all phones should have it for safety issues (alerts during a crisis, etc.). I just like listening to talk radio without using data. Too bad most FM music stations are horrible these days.

Quote Originally Posted by tmann202 View Post
    Yes, second FM Radio. Another one I forgot in my original post. I doubt it will happen since the carriers want you to use as much data as possible, but there is an argument that all phones should have it for safety issues (alerts during a crisis, etc.). I just like listening to talk radio without using data. Too bad most FM music stations are horrible these days.
    Agree with you. I like FM radio to listen to local radio stations. If there is a disaster, FM radio can be a godsend to get information. Many cell towers would be overloaded, and getting cell data may be impossible. I have my Lumia 520 as a spare, which I love for the FM radio feature. When the Moto G gets cheaper, I'd like to get one of those. It has FM radio, too.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Agree with you. I like FM radio to listen to local radio stations. If there is a disaster, FM radio can be a godsend to get information. Many cell towers would be overloaded, and getting cell data may be impossible. I have my Lumia 520 as a spare, which I love for the FM radio feature. When the Moto G gets cheaper, I'd like to get one of those. It has FM radio, too.
    It does? Pretty annoying that they put it on the G and not the "flagship" X.

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

I hope it has better specs.
    The complacency about security among android users is disturbing.

Nothing that would make it bigger, like gimmicky front facing speakers. Not even improved battery life is worth changing the size or shape imo. My wish list includes: upgrades to camera, battery, processor. Also please keep it free of Verizon bloatware.

I have an upgrade in Nov. if my DNA holds out that long, and the Moto X is what I'll get if they don't screw it up with the refresh.

Edit: I have really come to appreciate wireless charging. It won't determine my selection but it would be nice to have.
    Last edited by DrGonzo48; 03-11-2014 at 02:05 PM.
    sparkygal likes this.

Camera. No reason for a sub par camera on any flagship these days. Only gripe I really had with the x
    sharkita likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tmann202 View Post
    While it's not FM, stock Android have Amber alerts, the emergency alerts menu is in Settings -> More...

sent via tapatalk

ROM
    Viper

Slightly larger and this phone will be the perfect size. It needs just a little bit larger screen.

More/better voice control.

Better camera.

1080p would be nice, but as long as the screen is a step up in general quality, I will not complain. The current screen is fine, but could be better.

More ram would be nice, but not yet necessary.

Typically bump across the board in computing and graphical power.

Unlock able bootloader on ALL versions. The majority of bootloaders being locked stopped this phone from having great development. More battery life, functionally, and all around options could have happened but didn't because of the ridiculous uncrackable bootloader.

Moto maker on all carriers at launch.
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    Unlock able bootloader on ALL versions. The majority of bootloaders being locked stopped this phone from having great development. More battery life, functionally, and all around options could have happened but didn't because of the ridiculous uncrackable bootloader.
    If Lenovo want any Verizon customers at all and to have their phones sold at AT&T stores (AT&T branding), that won't happen. We're lucky that Verizon even allowed a Developer edition for the Moto X. Just ask Google about it. The choices are clear here: Don't use AT&T or Verizon, or buy unlocked phones.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    If Lenovo want any Verizon customers at all and to have their phones sold at AT&T stores (AT&T branding), that won't happen. We're lucky that Verizon even allowed a Developer edition for the Moto X. Just ask Google about it. The choices are clear here: Don't use AT&T or Verizon, or buy unlocked phones.
    or, you can use the unlocked version on AT&T.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Quote Originally Posted by xchange View Post
    I hope it has better specs.
    Such as? Personally I'll take actual performance over numbers on a piece of paper.

Maybe this is a joke, in which case good one.

Default Re: What Would You Change For the Moto X2 (Assuming There Would Be One)?

Motorola should release 3 base variations (4", 5", 6") of a flagship phone either annually, or better, biannually

Commit to updating the OS for 2 years within 60 days of updates to Android.

Snapdragon 800 or better CPU (has built in always listening feature already). Ideally a 22nm or less

Allow more customization in Moto Maker (in addition to current options):
    - Battery Size (4" - 2000 or 3000, 5" - 3000 or 4000, 6" 4000 or 5000)
    - Screen material (gorilla glass vs sapphire)
    - material (kevlar, plastic, wood)
    - choose screen tech: OLED vs LCD
    - camera: need multiple option as a larger sensor would mean a thicker phone and should only be paired with a larger battery to avoid a camera bump
    - slide out keyboard option (like the original droid line) - I don't want it, but this is what customization and motomaker should be about

Laser focus on the user experience. Touch screen reaction times, stability, speed, etc...

Killer features are needed. The always listening is a good start (though kind of creepy too). Nokia has hit the nail on the head with their camera. I have heard more non-tech people talking about the 1020 then any other phone. The public is clamoring for a GREAT camera in their smart phone. Maybe a separate camera processor (ie Nikon Expeed)

Camera should be instant on. Great picture, Great low light performance, Quick Picture to picture time, etc...

Separate physical camera shutter button.

Nearly edge to edge screen (2mm or less on each side)

Minimize area above and below the screen (10mm or less above and below the screen - focus on small overall footprint of the phone)

Stereo front speakers would be cool (HTC One) if they can keep the area above and below the screen to 10mm or less.

Continue with great build quality and amazing radios and phone quality (only Moto phones can actually be used as phones).

Ok, so you "have" to lock the boot loader. Just don't be so good at it.

Waterproof & Dust proof (IP67 certified) - if this can be done with slim bezel as above (2mm or less on the sides and 10mm or less top and bottom)

Default Re: What Would You Change For the Moto X2 (Assuming There Would Be One)?

Really want badly
    1) Wireless charging. Preferably Qi, since this seems like the most standard. I had no idea howmuch I would miss this.
    2) Same size. I LOVE the form factor. It feels good in my hand, and I can reach everything.
    3) Bigger battery, if not in coflict with (2)
    4) True international phone, with bands for all major regions and carriers

Nice to have:
    1) Some form of biometric unlocking
    2) 64gb (hey, more is always better)
    3) FM/AM radio
    4) IR blaster
    5) better camera -- not because I care, but because other people seem to care, and if the phone were more popular it would have better support and accessories.
    6) software accessible LED notification. Yes, yes, the active display is great and all that. I still miss the simple light that I can see without my glasses.
    7) Waterproof & Dust proof (IP67 certified)

Software:
    1) touchless control activated by any keywords user made up (phone to determine if it's "different enough". obviously, "hello" would be triggered too often)
    2) voice control to toggle hardware
    3) voice control to search phone. I want to be able to tell it to navigate to Fred's house, I don't want to have to recite Fred's address.

1) Larger battery. I want an X with a Maxxx battery. ~3000mah. I'll take the hit in thickness and weight. Just keep a similar shape.

2) Voice control for hardware functions.

3) Better GPU for some extra fps on 3D gaming.

4) More toggle customization.

5) 32GB base

This would be my perfect phone. Battery life is all really care about now. Even with dated hardware I more than happy with performance (besides some newer games) and screen quality.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    Camera. No reason for a sub par camera on any flagship these days. Only gripe I really had with the x
    I believe the camera is the key to better sales for any smartphone. This is what the average consumer is looking for. They want a camera that they can carry everywhere and pull out at a moment's notice to take a snapshot of their kids and pets running around.

Also, the photos that come out have to look like a professional took them, even if the user knows nothing about photography. Why? Because people love to share their photos! They like to show off. Once their friends and family see what wonderful photos could come out of a mere CELL PHONE, they'll say:

"You got those out of a Motorola?! I'm going to have to get me one of those!"

Other things are important, for sure, but if you get the camera right, you'll get a lot of customers. It's really the best form of advertising if you think about it.

Scott,
    I completely agree regarding the camera. As I said in my post above, I hear all my non-tech friends talking more about the Nokia 1020. I think had Nokia released that phone across carriers and with android they would have had a big seller.

Moto X2 needs a large sensor camera, very fast on time, and great low light performance.

Nokia doesn't make their camera. Nor does apple. Moto just needs to choose a better OEM and better model.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    I believe the camera is the key to better sales for any smartphone. This is what the average consumer is looking for. They want a camera that they can carry everywhere and pull out at a moment's notice to take a snapshot of their kids and pets running around.

Also, the photos that come out have to look like a professional took them, even if the user knows nothing about photography. Why? Because people love to share their photos! They like to show off. Once their friends and family see what wonderful photos could come out of a mere CELL PHONE, they'll say:

"You got those out of a Motorola?! I'm going to have to get me one of those!"

Other things are important, for sure, but if you get the camera right, you'll get a lot of customers. It's really the best form of advertising if you think about it.
    Agree. that is one area that has really helped samsung recently. Their cameras are pretty good, and you don't have to be a professional photographer to make the pictures look good.

For me:

Better camera, Improved speakers, better battery life (still internal though), would like to see it continue to be built in the US, more selection on motomaker, similar size.

The big problem is, I'm not sure if I'll go with the 2nd version, considering every update to the first has made it worse for me.

It took much restraint to hold out on getting the Moto X (I have the Nexus 4). I'm glad I have because I anticipate a lot of great tweaks that will be made for the Moto X2. My wishlist is as follows:

1) Better camera. Having a dedicated camera button with volume controls acting as zoom would be a nice addition (I don't know why phone manufacturers don't do this).
    2) Better display while at least maintaining current battery life.
    3) Custom keyword for voice control.
    4) 32GB standard storage
    5) Stereo speakers in the front like the One; if not, at the bottom would be sufficient.
    6) $350-400 starting price.

If most of these features are implemented, it would without a doubt be the best phone in the market.

-A better camera.
    -A 64GB option.
    -A better camera.
    -Moto Maker on all carriers.
    -Have I mentioned a better camera? Okay, I really want a MUCH better camera.

The current size is perfect. If they size it a little bigger that's okay, but if the X2 is a lot bigger, that might give me pause.

Global Posts
    5,581 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by shayknbake View Post
    It took much restraint to hold out on getting the Moto X (I have the Nexus 4). I'm glad I have because I anticipate a lot of great tweaks that will be made for the Moto X2. My wishlist is as follows:

1) Better camera. Having a dedicated camera button with volume controls acting as zoom would be a nice addition (I don't know why phone manufacturers don't do this).
    2) Better display while at least maintaining current battery life.
    3) Custom keyword for voice control.
    4) 32GB standard storage
    5) Stereo speakers in the front like the One; if not, at the bottom would be sufficient.
    6) $350-400 starting price.

If most of these features are implemented, it would without a doubt be the best phone in the market.
    Stereo speakers would make the phone a lot taller than it currently is. I would much rather have a smaller phone with their current speaker, which is the loudest I have heard to date. The Moto X is already the best phone currently available if you ask me...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast