DxOMark: Moto Z Force DROID scores 87

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
DxOMARK - The MOTO Z force is the second best smartphone camera on the planet

Moto Z Force Droid camera is second best, claims DxOMark - SlashGear

The Moto Z is really killing it tbh.. Although, let's face it. Smartphone cameras have gotten to a peak right now. We wouldn't see any more significant improvement from now on except we decide to go modular, where u can basically snap a DSLR level shooter on the back of your phone.
The difference between the Gs7, Moto Z and the iphone 5s isn't even significant tbh.. 90% of the average joe would be very happy with a ip5s/galaxy s5 level shooter if we are being honest.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
[FONT=&quot]Hehe Slashgear can't count. There are TWO phones with 88's. The Z scored 87 which makes it part of a 3 way tie for 3rd place :p Some other reviewers are hinting results are not spectacular, but I'm holding out hope they're wrong. [/FONT]

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: DxOMARK - The MOTO Z force is the second best smartphone camera on the planet

Moto Z Force Droid camera is second best, claims DxOMark - SlashGear

The Moto Z is really killing it tbh.. Although, let's face it. Smartphone cameras have gotten to a peak right now. We wouldn't see any more significant improvement from now on except we decide to go modular, where u can basically snap a DSLR level shooter on the back of your phone.
The difference between the Gs7, Moto Z and the iphone 5s isn't even significant tbh.. 90% of the average joe would be very happy with a ip5s/galaxy s5 level shooter if we are being honest.

There might be a mod that will give you slightly better than a point and if you're lucky. Any mod that would add Anything close to a DSLR would be to big to be a mod.

Posted via the Android Central App

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: DxOMARK - The MOTO Z force is the second best smartphone camera on the planet

There might be a mod that will give you slightly better than a point and if you're lucky. Any mod that would add Anything close to a DSLR would be to big to be a mod.

While I have serious doubts of a DSLR mod, it's completely doable. It would just have to be designed so you hold onto the camera instead of the phone.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

While I have serious doubts of a DSLR mod, it's completely doable. It would just have to be designed so you hold onto the camera instead of the phone.

Why would you want it? That means buying into a system with detachable lenses.....no thanks.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Why would you want it? That means buying into a system with detachable lenses.....no thanks.

I wouldn't, at least not in a first gen mod interface. I could see the ability to have Android integrated into a DSLR as potentially useful, and the ability to upgrade that portion of the camera/interface would be wise. I doubt we'd see it, and I wouldn't buy it until it was shown to be a long-term stable interface, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463