Moto Z Force DROID Edition Order and Shipping Thread

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Just preordered my black moto z, too bad the black with rose gold trim wasn't an option. And because I ordered through the phone I couldn't order moto mods with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
re: I pre-ordered the Moto Z Droid Edition

I need to order the white one.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

$200 off through best buy plus a free JBL speaker mod fwiw. That includes existing customers and device payment plan.

gaddang2

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

I pre-ordered the black and gray Force this morning. My Verizon was acting up so I had to call my order in.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Will 64GB be available?

That's my question. Moto has a Force with 64GB, so since a Verizon exclusive, you would think they would offer it. In spite of the smaller display and no 3.5mm jack, I am considering perhaps to get for the modules. More reason to stay with my 64GB MXPE for now.

Update: Darn, this is from "LeMoto's" own marketing article:

"Both phones will also be available with 64GB of NAND through Motorola’s Moto Maker website for an extra $50."

Looks like for now anyway, no 64GB option direct from VZW.

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

If Best Buy has the 64GB version, I would consider maybe getting this- maybe. I remember BB carried the Verizon 32GB Note 4 before Verizon did. A month earlier.

Update, looks like 64GB not happening in retail stores. Only Moto site as noted above. Boo!

Meh. Buying the 64gb Force with the $80 JBL from Moto site is $900 counting tax. Not seeing $400 more phone compared to 64GB MXPE. Best Buy would be almost $300 less total. No 64GB though.

Next! :)

Last edited:

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I preordered two. One for me and one for the old ball and chain. I wish they had more color options available on a site that been notorious for customizations the last couple of years. And they also included the same style swap cover on each phone so that was kind of stupid but whatever I guess. I ordered one through moto site but never received confirmation email from them. Any one else recieve confirmation email from moto?

wonderbread

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site

Really strange that the Verizon website has an two option pull down bars, one for color choice and the other for storage size, but the later has only one option. Setting people up for disappointment with tjat interface.

I have a Droid turbo (1) 64b. Feels strange going backwards in storage spec two years later.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

So 30 dollars a month is for 32 GB?
They are out of their minds..... No thanks Verizon.
For a fleeting moment I was considering getting this phone. You can't even accurately tell how much your trade is worth. A plastic screen...meh.
There are better deals out there and no one really needs Mods.
My advise if you really have to have this phone is wait till the price drops...screw the Mod discounts.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

You can get the 64gb, but only from Motos site. $770. Add a mod and looking at $900. Projector would be over $1,100 total. Too high.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

You can get the 64gb, but only from Motos site. $770. Add a mod and looking at $900. Projector would be over $1,100 total. Too high.

I realize I can go direct.....the price for this phone is way too high. Waiting for the next Nexus and the LG V20. The mods mean very little to me....its a phone for Christ's sake. I don't need speakers, or a projector.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I realize I can go direct.....the price for this phone is way too high. Waiting for the next Nexus and the LG V20. The mods mean very little to me....its a phone for Christ's sake. I don't need speakers, or a projector.

Seems the device is priced way too high if Lenovo expects the the mod ecosystem to gain traction and have decent attach rates. I expect a rather quick price drop if that is their strategy. Perhaps a bundle approach, but the current pricing as a bundle is too high.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

The Best Buy deal is already "pretty good" if you really want this phone, but I expect better than that in the next few months. Generally you pay the early adopter premium if you want it right away.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Seeing these prices, I'm going to hold off on this device. 32GB shouldn't even be an option anymore. 64/128GB should be the options.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Seeing these prices, I'm going to hold off on this device. 32GB shouldn't even be an option anymore. 64/128GB should be the options.

Agreed, I'm hoping the release of these Z phones causes a big price drop in the Turbo 2 and X pure so I can get a second phone to play around with.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Part of me agrees with you, as flash memory isn't that expensive, so including more of it should be a cheap way to improve the experience. At the same time, I think most people get along fine with 32gb. Add in the microSD support, and it's cake to get by with a 32gb device. I have a 128gb card in my Amazon cart right now for $41. Granted, that's not as fast as internal storage, but that won't matter when I use it for photos & tunes.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Part of me agrees with you, as flash memory isn't that expensive, so including more of it should be a cheap way to improve the experience. At the same time, I think most people get along fine with 32gb. Add in the microSD support, and it's cake to get by with a 32gb device. I have a 128gb card in my Amazon cart right now for $41. Granted, that's not as fast as internal storage, but that won't matter when I use it for photos & tunes.
Good point.

I kinda want to pre order from Best Buy just to get the speaker for free but those speakers are not needed since I always have my Bluetooth speakers near me and it's small enough to throw in a bag. I do hope by Christmas, there are more deals.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Yea I never really understand the constant complaining when a phone doesn't have a 64gb option. Especially if the phone has expandable memory. Now if there was no expandable memory on the phone, I could understand the argument. But it has expandable memory...... BUY A MICRO SD CARD! And with all the cloud services out there..... Like I said I don't understand the constant complaining.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie