Battery Life of the Moto Z Force DROID Edition

skinnytoo2

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Battery Life - Moto Z DROID Edition

I just got mine today as well. Need to use a few days before we can accurately do a battery assessment.

Speaking of case for mods, is that really going to happen? I don't see it!?!?

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I don't understand the need for cases for the mods, other than a bumper for edge protection.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It's just a preference. I carry my phone on a very wide belt. 2 inches wide. I have plenty of pockets but belt carry works best for me. I have just gotten used to Otterbox cases. I have the original turbo that looks brand new.

Otterbox has cases for the force that I like but battery mod won't work. So for me I will wait and see how real world battery results are.

Posted via the Android Central App

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Moto Z/Force Review!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXYZQFTs8h0
Mkbhd said the force battery life is a little bit more than 3hrs of screen on time. That's terrible!!

He is usually not impacted much by new device pixie dust. The 820 and AMOLED display should result in better battery life than that. Rogue sensor resources? If like the MXPE, the sensors drain 15% of the battery, so that does not bridge the battery life gap. I notice any review so far that used the device with more heavier use says the same thing in that battery life is not good. All the rave reviews are based on light standard use that most reviewers do. Whatever the case, there must be a firmware issue that should be able to be fixed.

I wonder if the docking system is constantly polling for mod attachments? Depending on how they are managing that in firmware, that could be part of the apparent issue.

Added: Nah, if the sensors or docking system were an issue, that would impact light users as well.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Gsam battery monitor on mine is saying 43 hours with 4-1/2 screen on time. That would be better than the s7 edge for me if it holds true

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Totally different than my experience. I'm getting over 5 hours, even without the battery mod.

Thanks for the update. Please keep them coming. Do you by chance know your 4g signal strength?

I'm on the fence about the phone. I want to like it but need more real world battery results first. I'm hoping someone posts some with and without the battery mod.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the update. Please keep them coming. Do you by chance know your 4g signal strength?

I'm on the fence about the phone. I want to like it but need more real world battery results first. I'm hoping someone posts some with and without the battery mod.

I was on wifi most of the day, but when not, my signal was decent but not great.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

How should the smaller battery and bigger screen on the Force compare to the larger battery on the Turbo2? These batteries keep getting smaller, but I'm not sure how much the more efficient processor and all factors in.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Incipio battery mod? I bought both the Incipio battery mod and the Tumi battery mod, planning to keep the one I liked more. It was an easy choice. The Tumi mod snapped on and fit perfectly on the phone. You could hardly tell it wasn't part of the phone itself. However, when I snapped the Incipio mod on, one of the top corners looked loose, like it wasn't snapping on in that area.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Or was this just a lemon mod?

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Unless the reviewer has been using the phone for several weeks, the battery test is silly. I'm keeping an eye on my battery levels, especially with regards to standby, but even I know that the numbers are relatively meaningless during the first week or so. Takes a bit for the battery to regulate itself. So if this reviewer took it out of the box, played with it for a couple hours and ran some tests, well, salt, grain, take. :D

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

I am at 2 hours 35 minutes screen on time and am at 63%. Mostly wifi and everything on (all moto stuff such as approach), Bluetooth, etc. 1st full charge

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX