Battery Life of the Moto Z Force DROID Edition

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Is it suggested to "cycle" the battery - down to 10%, then charge, then down to 10% again?
Actually just been reading about this. Apparently it's "not" recommended to discharge all the way, except for maybe once a month. I'm having a hard time, at least with the joy of the new device, resisting using the battery all the way, as I just came off an old X¹ that was getting 6 hours on a full charge...so I'm excited to see how far this battery takes me. Averaging around 24-30 hours, albeit I'm on wifi at home and (here in LA) have pretty good 4G most everywhere. With a light day yesterday, but off wifi most of the day, I'm still at 39% remaining after 25 hours.

Having said that, I'm going to adhere to all the blogs I've been reading this morning that say try to keep the phone between 40% and 80% for longer life. Going to charge now! 😉

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Actually just been reading about this. Apparently it's "not" recommended to discharge all the way, except for maybe once a month. I'm having a hard time, at least with the joy of the new device, resisting using the battery all the way, as I just came off an old X¹ that was getting 6 hours on a full charge...so I'm excited to see how far this battery takes me. Averaging around 24-30 hours, albeit I'm on wifi at home and (here in LA) have pretty good 4G most everywhere. With a light day yesterday, but off wifi most of the day, I'm still at 39% remaining after 25 hours.

Having said that, I'm going to adhere to all the blogs I've been reading this morning that say try to keep the phone between 40% and 80% for longer life. Going to charge now! 😉

I don't think it's a huge deal to go before 40% where necessary. It's more that you don't want to deplete the battery entirely where it can be avoided.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I had 4 hours of screen on time yesterday with a total up time of almost 14 hours and still had 20% at the end of the day. It's amazing.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Can you link to what you have been reading? I usually go by battery university but wouldn't mind reading some others.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has been incredible. Granted I don't use my phone for gaming or anything, but this is still great.

Attachments

• 182690.jpg
    182690.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 71

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the Force again from BB ($100 off, JBL mod) last Friday after my initial purchase a few weeks back. I went back and forth on keeping the 6P but decided to go back to Moto. I hit nearly 5 1/2 sot on Saturday when I plugged it in for the night. Battery seems to be getting better by the day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160827-234535.jpg
    Screenshot_20160827-234535.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is amazing on this thing I got 43hrs without a battery mod. And I also found out that even after sitting for 2 weeks while I was out of town the Tumi battery pack was still at 100%, I'm not used to having a battery stay full even when not in use other phones ive had die within a few days even when off

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Battery life is amazing on this thing I got 43hrs without a battery mod. And I also found out that even after sitting for 2 weeks while I was out of town the Tumi battery pack was still at 100%, I'm not used to having a battery stay full even when not in use other phones ive had die within a few days even when off

Definitely. This battery is a beast.

Attachments

• 183229.jpg
    183229.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 47

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance