One month with the Moto Z Force

Joseph Coates

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
One Month Later
I've had my Moto Z Force for a month now and it's the best phone I've owned. The battery pack comes in handy if you like to do outdoor things, yet need to be able to be reached. Most of the time I keep the standard back on it, but I do have a case I that covers it for added durability. I did end up getting a screen guard, the glass one, whatever its called, due to some scratches early on. The battery itself last me all day, even when using it constantly. I easily got used to the fingerprint sensor/button layout after about a week, but I was also a G2, G3, G4 user. The close to stock Android gets the job done with minimal junk on board. So, for the Pros, Cons, and Indifferent;
Pros:
It's fast
It's easy to use, yet robust enough to do real tasks
The close to Vanilla Android is a nice touch after using LG for almost 3 years
The fingerprint sensor works well
Great antennas
It does the job quickly and efficiently
Cons
The screen scratched way too easily. I had it for two weeks before I noticed scratches. My G3, which I carried daily for almost 2 years has less scratches. I didn't do anything differently, and before you somehow think I have some sort of construction job, I'm an Archivist and also teach history. So, I'm not really hard on devices.
Indifferent
No Phone Jack and no 3.5 aux. It takes a little getting used to and a few extra purchases. I needed charges for each of my vehicles and each of my offices because it never fails, I will forget one somewhere. Your results may vary.
Overall, its a great device. I recommend it to anyone who needs a powerful phone with great battery life.

hotshotazn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I too am glad I didn't wait for the N7. Coming for them N4, I was thinking of sticking with Samsung but I've been happy with this phone...particularly the battery life and speed.

Joseph Coates

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
One caveat: I did end up downloading Nova Launcher so I could have a 5x5 grid. I would also categorize this as a con. This should be a stock feature.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Been using moto z force as a loaner while Nexus 6p was in shop. Love it much better signal strength so I'm keeping it and selling 6p

stonefox801

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Yeah with shatter shield displays before you even look atr it you need a glass screen protector. I went with the Verizon brand as it was cheaper and covers more of the display then the Zag.

But i love the damn phone. Got the Incipio battery mod on it. So far highest use was 12 hours of OST with it. Its heavy but its amazing and feels great in the hand.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
The Z Force has been easily the best phone I've ever owned. The mods are almost like gravy because the phone is so good even without them.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
One caveat: I did end up downloading Nova Launcher so I could have a 5x5 grid. I would also categorize this as a con. This should be a stock feature.

I agree, however, there is so much more that you get with Nova Prime. I've used it on every phone that i've owned, including my Nexus 5.:p

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I agree, however, there is so much more that you get with Nova Prime. I've used it on every phone that i've owned, including my Nexus 5.:p

Not for me. Don't need a resource hog sapping my battery just for a couple more gestures and another row of icons.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I think Action Launcher 3 right now is using .3℅ of my battery. I think Nova is similar when I use it.

Last edited:

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I have seen no difference in battery usage between Nova Launcher, Google Now Launcher, or the Action Launcher 3.

Not yet you haven't. Give it a few months. It's nothing scientific mind you, but it's been my Android experience that over time, the bogging down, lag and battery hits seem magnified when third-party launchers are added to the equation.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I started playing with Nova Prime launcher late last week, mainly just for the 5 row option, which lets me get all my apps organized into folders on one home screen. I also made the Google bar at the top only take up 2 squares instead of a full width row. So far I'm liking it, though I'm keeping an eye out for that new Nexus launcher...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11