Does the Moto Z have Quick Charge 2.0/3.0 support?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
well I left the battery mod off today and used the phone heavily. Got it down to about 28%.
Tried all of my QC 2.0 chargers, all of my standard chargers, and my wifes apple chargers. None of them charged my phone. Also tried the QC 2.0 car charges and standard car charger to no avail. So Im kinda stumped at this point and not sure what to do. In fact most of the chargers would show the ampere screen in yellow and say it was discharging.

The force charger shows an output of 5v/5.7 amp. Anyone have any recommendations??????? Kind of pissed at this point.

Tried different cables as well as chargers?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
well I left the battery mod off today and used the phone heavily. Got it down to about 28%.
Tried all of my QC 2.0 chargers, all of my standard chargers, and my wifes apple chargers. None of them charged my phone. Also tried the QC 2.0 car charges and standard car charger to no avail. So Im kinda stumped at this point and not sure what to do. In fact most of the chargers would show the ampere screen in yellow and say it was discharging.

The force charger shows an output of 5v/5.7 amp. Anyone have any recommendations??????? Kind of pissed at this point.

Do you have multiple USB-C cables? If not, you may want to try a few before your return period.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Tried different cables as well as chargers?

Do you have multiple USB-C cables? If not, you may want to try a few before your return period.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
I have 2 cables that I tried. I also tried some micro usb to usb c connectors from Amazon. I'm going to get another cable tomorrow and try again. Thanks guys. Can't say thank you enough for the suggestions.

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
That's really odd. I have a Aukey QC 2.0 car adapter and I get around 1100-1300 mAh charging rate. This is with a standard micro USB cable with a mini to C adapter on the end.

Posted via the Android Central App

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
That's really odd. I have a Aukey QC 2.0 car adapter and I get around 1100-1300 mAh charging rate. This is with a standard micro USB cable with a mini to C adapter on the end.

Posted via the Android Central App
Do you happen to know which connectors they are? I think the ones I bought are junk.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
What cable did you just buy?
The quickest one I could get was at Walmart and is a Belkin. The charger is not a fast charger. It's an old Motorola charger I I bought when I had a razr Maxx HD. It's on amazon as Motorola dual port charger SPN5689. But good numbers from it.

ah42

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Has anybody found a third party wall and/or car charger that actually triggers the "turbo power" on screen notification? I really don't want to fork over $40 for the Motorola or Verizon branded ones. It looks like this phone does not officially support QC 2.0 or 3.0 according to spec sheets - which sucks because I have a lot of QC 2.0 chargers laying around from my Droid Turbo.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
1470945405814.jpg
This is what I get from a 2.0 car charger. Using a micro USB cable with a USB micro to USB C connector. Good enough until they come out with a car charger that will turbo charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar