Battery results.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
1470176073159.jpg1470176081916.jpg
Here are screenshots of my results so far. Setup is at home connected to 4g network extender and Tumi battery mod connected.

The battery mod kicked in when my phone battery got to 80% and kept it at 80% for 24 hours. In fact as I'm typing this a pop-up just told me it's drained.
I'm very happy with these results. I disabled alot of the bloatware and apps and settings I don't want or don't use. Your mileage may vary. There's alot of factors that will be different but figured I would share.
Honestly I was surprised the battery mod lasted as long as it did.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 233923View attachment 233924
Here are screenshots of my results so far. Setup is at home connected to 4g network extender and Tumi battery mod connected.

The battery mod kicked in when my phone battery got to 80% and kept it at 80% for 24 hours. In fact as I'm typing this a pop-up just told me it's drained.
I'm very happy with these results. I disabled alot of the bloatware and apps and settings I don't want or don't use. Your mileage may vary. There's alot of factors that will be different but figured I would share.
Honestly I was surprised the battery mod lasted as long as it did.

How did you get GSam to not reset the stats when the battery mod kicked in at 80%?

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
How did you get GSam to not reset the stats when the battery mod kicked in at 80%?
Very interesting question since it did yesterday when I stopped at best buy and tried the feel of the incipio battery mod. I pulled it off and it reset.

I hit the triangle and set it to show since last full charge. But it took me about 5 minutes to remember that option.

anon(2978616)

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Do you think you're shortening the life of your battery by keeping it at a constant 80% charge from the battery pack?

It would seem that way to me as it would mean that after the first 20% is used by your battery it would stay in constant charge to maintain 80%.

Posted via the Android Central App

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you think you're shortening the life of your battery by keeping it at a constant 80% charge from the battery pack?

It would seem that way to me as it would mean that after the first 20% is used by your battery it would stay in constant charge to maintain 80%.

Posted via the Android Central App
Haven't really thought of that. Only had it a few days now. But I still haven't charged it. It's been over 2 days now. I plan to drain it then charge again. But this time run without the battery mod to see how it performs. The battery mod got me an extra 24 hours. 1470233444503.jpg

Last edited:

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Probably Force since this is the Force forum, although there has been a lot of cross posting so I can't assume that. I doubt the regular Z would get those numbers.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

No! It's much better for the phone's battery to be held at that level with a low power, low heat trickle charge than a high heat, high amp, high voltage turbo charge. Plus when the battery in the mod gets worse, you can buy another mod - something you can't do with the phone's internal battery.

Also - there are 4g extenders now? I thought that the best and latest extender is 3G?

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Was this the Z + battery mod? Or the Force+ mod?

Thanks
This is the Force and that screen shot was with the battery mod on it. I had the mod set in efficiency mode. I could have easily gone a full 3 days but got bored with it. Plus we were leaving on a trip so needed to charge it up.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
No! It's much better for the phone's battery to be held at that level with a low power, low heat trickle charge than a high heat, high amp, high voltage turbo charge. Plus when the battery in the mod gets worse, you can buy another mod - something you can't do with the phone's internal battery.

Also - there are 4g extenders now? I thought that the best and latest extender is 3G?
Yeah they came out with the 4g extenders. It changed my 4g signal at home from -120 or - 125 to about an average of -75. Much better signal. I went from 1 bar to a full 5 bars.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Update, I've made some changes. I deleted a few apps. I no longer use lux automatic brightness for the screen. I keep it mostly in 3G because of a weak signal. I turned off Bluetooth most of the day. Instead of averaging around 23 hours total and six hours SOT it's more like 45 hours total and 6.5 hours SOT. Standby drain overnight is around 3℅. It's not as epic as my wife's Z Play, but I'm happy and don't feel I've given much up to get better battery life.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
That will save some serious battery. Of all the battery saving things I do, that and using Greenify are probably the two most effective.
I need to spend some time with Greenify. Played with it years ago but just got used to doing everything manually. Thanks for the reminder.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel