OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Moto Z Force DROID?

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I give up on my Moto. Will not stay connected to my trucks Bluetooth. Wi Fi is all over the place.

Keyboard/screen freezes.

Switching back to my old Windows Phone.

I like the shape of the Moto. Having the extra battery mod seems cool. The physical build quality is nice.

But Android is still a buggy mess full of ads and bloatware.

I'm over it. I tried.

Such a shame, since I'm having none of those problems... Bluetooth works fine with just about everything I've tried it with. Wi-Fi is generally stable, and when it isn't, I find out all my devices are having problems and not just my Z Force (a router reboot usually fixes this). My keyboard (Google GBoard) essentially never freezes, and it is rare to have the phone itself freeze (when it does happen it's usually my browser, and Force Closing it tends to fix that).

Oh, and Windows Phone doesn't have ads? No bloatware? That's awesome! Apologies for the sarcasm, but I'm afraid your expectations are a bit high.

Would you care to elaborate on your issues in the hopes that someone here can help you solve them? (Pardon me if you've done this and I'm too late to the party)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I give up on my Moto. Will not stay connected to my trucks Bluetooth. Wi Fi is all over the place.

Keyboard/screen freezes.

Switching back to my old Windows Phone.

I like the shape of the Moto. Having the extra battery mod seems cool. The physical build quality is nice.

But Android is still a buggy mess full of ads and bloatware.

I'm over it. I tried.

I'm glad my Moto has none of the issues you describe.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The Camera App often pops up messages that it needs to be restarted or I need to reboot. Never had this problem on my short lived Note 7 or Pixel. But I sure do like the Moto Z Force Droid the best...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The Camera App often pops up messages that it needs to be restarted or I need to reboot. Never had this problem on my short lived Note 7 or Pixel. But I sure do like the Moto Z Force Droid the best...

Haven't seen that one either.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
It's happened a few times recently. I restarted the phone and it hasn't done it again.

the53rdcard

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I dont like that the power option doesnt have a restart, all it has is power off, this is the first phone i have ever had without a restart option.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I dont like that the power option doesnt have a restart, all it has is power off, this is the first phone i have ever had without a restart option.

Motorola phones are close to stock Android, and at least from ICS through Nougat 7.0, stock Android has not had a restart in the power off menu. I read somewhere that Nougat 7.1 has it on the Pixel and Android One, though, so I bet it'll come eventually to this phone?

Nate Silver

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

My Nexus 6p has it, my Z Force doesn't. You know though, if you just hold down the power button for a few seconds, it'll restart.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus 6p has it, my Z Force doesn't. You know though, if you just hold down the power button for a few seconds, it'll restart.

As far as I know, holding down the power button to restart isn't a "clean" shut off.

Jpabst17216

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
I like my Moto, but my biggest proven is Bluetooth connectivity in my car. I hate that I have to turn on Bluetooth tethering every time, but even when I do I still can't play music through my Bluetooth connection. It takes so long for it to pick up on phone calls that people hang up. I have rebooted and removed all other paired devices from my car and phone, but nothing helps. I didn't have this problem with my old phone

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't read through all the posts yet, just got my phone, so sorry if a repeat. Does this thing not vibrate for notifications? It does for calls, I know. But if it doesn't vibrate for notifications that is a stupid thing to remove.

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I haven't read through all the posts yet, just got my phone, so sorry if a repeat. Does this thing not vibrate for notifications? It does for calls, I know. But if it doesn't vibrate for notifications that is a stupid thing to remove.

Yes it does. Mess with your volume buttons. It's one click on the volume up button after silent to enable vibrate.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, holding down the power button to restart isn't a "clean" shut off.

From Motorola:
Reset the Moto Z Force
In the unlikely event that your device becomes unresponsive, frozen, blank or black screen, or will not respond to the power button, you can perform a force restart on the device by following the steps below.

Press and hold the Power button for 10 - 20 seconds, the device will restart and go through the boot-up sequence.

Note: The forced restart or reboot will not delete any data on your phone.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
From Motorola:
Reset the Moto Z Force
In the unlikely event that your device becomes unresponsive, frozen, blank or black screen, or will not respond to the power button, you can perform a force restart on the device by following the steps below.

Press and hold the Power button for 10 - 20 seconds, the device will restart and go through the boot-up sequence.

Note: The forced restart or reboot will not delete any data on your phone.

When I say "clean", I'm under the impression that this method simulates a battery pull and power up.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site

The bios is what handles the button presses. Normally it passes the presses to the OS, but in cases like holding the power button down for 10 seconds it will power down everything into a shut down state regardless of what the OS is doing. The OS will have no warning and any non saved info or half saved files could become corrupt. Normal file housekeeping will fix the files but by fixed I mean they will delete them, so its never something you should use normally. Desktops and Notebooks have been doing this for decades and it is the same thing.

It is intended for use when ever the OS/phone freezes and becomes unresponsive. I haven't come across a case where the bios couldn't shut down properly, but I wouldn't be surprised if bricked firmwares failed to shutdown.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have been told a couple times regarding my old Turbo and the Z Force by technicians that it is a good thing to do a reset (hold the power button in for 10 seconds) at least once a week. Did it on my Turbo for almost a year and a half and never had a problem. Have done it a few times on my Z thanks to Google photos locking up and freezing the phone, but it caused no problems; other than unfreezing the phone. (Have since di away with Google Photos which in my opinion was terrible and have had NO problems since).

And the only thing I didn't like was the lack of wallpapers but that was easily solved.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been told a couple times regarding my old Turbo and the Z Force by technicians that it is a good thing to do a reset (hold the power button in for 10 seconds) at least once a week.

Which technicians?

Do you think it would be good for your computer to just pull power once a week without a proper shutdown? (Yes, I know that phones are not the same as desktop OSes). Holding power for 10 seconds is equivalent of pulling the battery out of the phone while it is running.

Just do a normal shutdown and restart! (Long press power until the power off dialog shows up, power down, count to 30, and hold power to start up again.)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have been told a couple times regarding my old Turbo and the Z Force by technicians that it is a good thing to do a reset (hold the power button in for 10 seconds) at least once a week. Did it on my Turbo for almost a year and a half and never had a problem. Have done it a few times on my Z thanks to Google photos locking up and freezing the phone, but it caused no problems; other than unfreezing the phone. (Have since di away with Google Photos which in my opinion was terrible and have had NO problems since).

And the only thing I didn't like was the lack of wallpapers but that was easily solved.

Eek. Sounds like horrible advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37