My night with Z Force

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Really put this baby to the test last night and once again, it came up aces. Got to the Mets game around 5:00 - at 100 percent, no battery mod. Turned off WiFi and Bluetooth, as usual. Took some pics and videos, texted, surfed the web a bit. After eating, sat down and watched the rest of the LSU-Wisconsin game (nice cheap-*** clothesline LSU) with my son on the ESPN app, for about an hour or so. Texted, took pics and videos during the Mets-Nats game, used MLB At-Bat app to check in on other games of importance to Mets' Wild Card chances (Cards, Pirates). Game ended around 10:30, they had fireworks following game, so I took a few fireworks pictures before heading to car for the ride home, around 11:00. The Z Force was at 83 percent after all that. Yes, 83 percent. I'm starting to think I wasted my money on the battery mod, since I haven't even used it yet. :)

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
How did those pics turn out?

They were OK. Too much smoke though. I've never been very good with fireworks photos, even with a real camera. :( I did get one that made it look like Citi Field was under attack though, which I liked. (I'm trying to upload it, but it won't let me. Is there a file size limit? It's 6.2 MB.) EDIT: Resized it to try again, same result. What the heck?

Last edited:

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
That's awesome! I'm more and more impressed with my battery also. Last night I charged to 100% and unplugged about 2am. I just checked it. 96%!!!!
I disable and restrict alot at night. But 11 hours and 4% I love that.

I also wonder if my battery mod was a wasteful purchase. But at the time I had no clue these phone would do so well.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Really put this baby to the test last night and once again, it came up aces. Got to the Mets game around 5:00 - at 100 percent, no battery mod. Turned off WiFi and Bluetooth, as usual. Took some pics and videos, texted, surfed the web a bit. After eating, sat down and watched the rest of the LSU-Wisconsin game (nice cheap-*** clothesline LSU) with my son on the ESPN app, for about an hour or so. Texted, took pics and videos during the Mets-Nats game, used MLB At-Bat app to check in on other games of importance to Mets' Wild Card chances (Cards, Pirates). Game ended around 10:30, they had fireworks following game, so I took a few fireworks pictures before heading to car for the ride home, around 11:00. The Z Force was at 83 percent after all that. Yes, 83 percent. I'm starting to think I wasted my money on the battery mod, since I haven't even used it yet. :)

I agree with all of this. I really feel like Moto is under-selling the battery life on the Z Force. This is easily the best battery life I've gotten since the original Maxx, and maybe even better than that. It's truly a 48 hour phone if I were to push it (which I don't). Battery mod would make it a 3 day phone, but that's just overkill.

GoBigRed4

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

I think I must get crappy cell signal near my house. I'm lucky if I get just over 3 hours of screen on time before it's under 10%. I know app usage makes a difference, but I rarely do anything besides twitter, internet surfing, and Android Central app. I leave wifi on all the time as well as Bluetooth, but certainly those don't suck battery life to the extent that my screen on time is so much less than what many are reporting here.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I think I must get crappy cell signal near my house. I'm lucky if I get just over 3 hours of screen on time before it's under 10%. I know app usage makes a difference, but I rarely do anything besides twitter, internet surfing, and Android Central app. I leave wifi on all the time as well as Bluetooth, but certainly those don't suck battery life to the extent that my screen on time is so much less than what many are reporting here.

What's your cell reading? (The actual number, not the bars.)

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
-92dBm 48asu (listed under settings > about phone > status > SIM status > Signal strength)

That's not a terrible signal, though for comparison's sake, I get between -69 to -79 in my house, with an LTE Extender. At Citi Field it's about -82.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site

What Google apps do you have syncing? Are Bluetooth and WiFi constantly scanning?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday was kind of a slow day for me but when I went to bed the phone had been off the charger 16 and half hours, had 4 and half hours of SOT and I had 20% battery left. A couple of the screen hours was using GPS with screen on auto all the way up, probably 1 1/2 was streaming some type of video and the other hour social media etc.. Maybe a few other things in between.

I'm coming from a LG G4 which had a slightly smaller battery, but I easily get double the battery life with the Z Force over the G4.

GoBigRed4

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
What Google apps do you have syncing? Are Bluetooth and WiFi constantly scanning?

Gmail, calendar, and drive for 2 Google accounts. And I suppose Bluetooth and WiFi are constantly scanning because I never turn them off. But even when I'm at home, when I'm connected to WiFi the whole time, I still don't get nearly the battery life folks are reporting here.

lithoman23

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Gmail, calendar, and drive for 2 Google accounts. And I suppose Bluetooth and WiFi are constantly scanning because I never turn them off. But even when I'm at home, when I'm connected to WiFi the whole time, I still don't get nearly the battery life folks are reporting here.

Brother I'm with ya.. I might get 15 hrs and I'm down to 30%.. But I'm not complaining ... plug it in for 30mins and I'm good for another 15 hrs.. I also have the battery mod.. if I need to use it. Phone is awesome..

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance