black vs white

lithoman23

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got my new phone.. I went with the white option. My first droid (droid 1) was my first smartphone, and stuck with them..bionic, turbo, and now the Z force. I needed the change to white.. finally a choice in color.

my question is.. I have only seen pics of the black phone on the site.. Did anyone else grab the white phone, and whats your thoughts on the color option?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I just got my new phone.. I went with the white option. My first droid (droid 1) was my first smartphone, and stuck with them..bionic, turbo, and now the Z force. I needed the change to white.. finally a choice in color.

my question is.. I have only seen pics of the black phone on the site.. Did anyone else grab the white phone, and whats your thoughts on the color option?

I could care less what colour my phone is, it's all about the case

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The white Z Force wasn't available from Motorola when I ordered mine.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Same here. I've never seen the white or didn't think it was available at Verizon. I recently changed to cricket so I can confirm that the Force from Verizon works on GSM just fine. Version and I are on a dispute on billing at the moment. Do you have any pictures you can post of your white ?

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I would love the black and rose gold, but I wasn't willing to wait plus getting $200 plus the JBL speaker was too tough to pass up.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I would love the black and rose gold, but I wasn't willing to wait plus getting $200 plus the JBL speaker was too tough to pass up.
Man I was about two weeks too early on getting that $200 gift card with the free JBL. I feel like I got kicked! They made up for it though by selling me an unlocked Sony Xperia that retailed at $549 for $199. I was stoked about that. I actually use my 5 inch Sony a bit more than my Force only bc it's a one hander and easy to put in my pocket. Still though the Force is the best phone I've ever used personally. I like the black but if they would have made a silver available, that would have been my first choice. I have a red front 3m on the way from Dbrand now and a blue color for the camera. I didn't order the back as I always have a mod or a shell on mine. So my Force is about to get a face lift for the front to Red. Something different and I've read that Dbrand is very precise with their fits and cuts. Itll be my first time using their product so I'll post some pics once I install it. I'll have to remove my tempered glass then reapply it after the Dbrand is installed. I now wish I'd ordered the camera color in red too as it would have contrasted better against all or what seems to be mostly black or grey mods.

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Man I was about two weeks too early on getting that $200 gift card with the free JBL. I feel like I got kicked! They made up for it though by selling me an unlocked Sony Xperia that retailed at $549 for $199. I was stoked about that. I actually use my 5 inch Sony a bit more than my Force only bc it's a one hander and easy to put in my pocket. Still though the Force is the best phone I've ever used personally. I like the black but if they would have made a silver available, that would have been my first choice. I have a red front 3m on the way from Dbrand now and a blue color for the camera. I didn't order the back as I always have a mod or a shell on mine. So my Force is about to get a face lift for the front to Red. Something different and I've read that Dbrand is very precise with their fits and cuts. Itll be my first time using their product so I'll post some pics once I install it. I'll have to remove my tempered glass then reapply it after the Dbrand is installed. I now wish I'd ordered the camera color in red too as it would have contrasted better against all or what seems to be mostly black or grey mods.

I was going to order a dbrand front but didn't because I wasn't sure if I could still use a screen protector. I'm anxious to see your pictures and hear your experience.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I was going to order a dbrand front but didn't because I wasn't sure if I could still use a screen protector. I'm anxious to see your pictures and hear your experience.
I will let you know and post some pics. I think what I may do now is this. I just ordered the skinomi liquid shield screen protector. It covers the entire front of the Force like the Dbrand does. I believe I'm going to install the Dbrand then apply the Skinomi. At first I was going to do vice verse but have since changed my thoughts. Any advice to which I should apply first?

lithoman23

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Black vs. White? Hmmmm..... Bad title for a tread! I'm surprised no mods changed the title or anything.

Opps! my bad, I meant to say, White vs Black....All kidding aside, I was not impressed with the black when I checked it out at the Verizon store... the white with the gold trim just did it for me. Coming from all black phones for 10 years this was the right change for me...

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Opps! my bad, I meant to say, White vs Black....All kidding aside, I was not impressed with the black when I checked it out at the Verizon store... the white with the gold trim just did it for me. Coming from all black phones for 10 years this was the right change for me...

I would've liked the gold trim from the white (not rose gold) on black, personally.