Questions from a Nexus owner. (Battery Life ect)

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a Nexus 5 and so ready to upgrade. Been eyeing the new Google Pixel phones but depending on price, I just don't know.

I have been hearing many amazing things about this phone and figured I would have a look.

1. How is the battery life on this for everyone? I'm having to live on battery saving mode right now on this crappy 2300mAh

2. Is this phone sold unlocked or just through carriers?

3. How are OS updates on the Moto phones? Will it get Android 7 and Doze?

I appreciate the help and feedback people.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is excellent. Z Force is only sold through Verizon or through Moto to work on Verizon. Regular Z and Z Play also unlocked on Moto. Moto updates lately have been lacking, but all of these phones should get Nougat and perhaps one more update, but that's not guaranteed.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh man, so I can't get the Force than since I'm not with Verizon? That's the only one that pleases me because of the battery.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I actually am typing this on my Z Force that came from Verizon but I have a cricket sim in it. It works flawlessly. Sure I still have Verizon bloatware but I've disabled it. This phone works with GSM too. Verizon did me wrong on some billing so I ported my number over to Cricket which runs off AT&T towers. No problems at all. It may be worth signing up with Verizon then porting over to Cricket. You will be thrilled with this device. I just got through watching Ironman 2 on it with my JBL Speaker. Plus unlimited data for 65 a month with Cricket.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the Z Play is a beast for battery life and an overall good phone according to most. I would probably go for it over the regular Z if I didn't have the option of the Z Force.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I have both the Z Force (work phone) and Z Play (personal phone). I can't tell a difference in performance despite the difference in processors. And the battery life of the Z Play easily beats the Force, though the Force is still much better in that department than your average phone. Also, the headphone jack on the Play is nice. It's obviously personal preference, but even if both phones were the same price, I'd go with the Z Play.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Just to play devil's advocate, price aside. The Force has the better camera, more and apparently faster RAM, faster processor and gpu if you play games. The Play has a glass back, the Force has a metal one plus shattershield. Many people say they don't see a difference between 1080p and 2k, but I do. Your mileage may vary.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Force is Verizon only. I'm not down with that. The Play is perfect for me with huge battery and the phone is still super smooth and fast. Reviews show no lag and just as good as the 820

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34