Bluetooth Earbud for the Moto Z Force ?

Jimmy10mm

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I need an earbud type bluetooth for my Moto Z Force phone. I had a Motorola Command One paired with my old Droid Razr, and the Razr MaxxHD. Lost it and never replaced it. I am retired and don't need it for work, but I like to talk on the phone hands free. So I looked around the web, around town, and cannot find Motorola earbuds in brick and mortar stores in my locale.
Make a long story short, I wanted it now, so I went to the VZW store and bought a Plantronics Legend. Sound was great for me, and for the caller, fit my ear nicely, buttons worked ....... but it repeatedly dropped calls. So I brought it back and got a refund.
I've been looking (online) at the Motorola HX550, or H730. I liked the way the old command one (motorola) was designed, and wondering if anyone has any experience with these, or could suggest something that worked for them ?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Moto just released a pair of earbuds. I think they are called the Verb. I want some. They are pricey but they are not hook together so you can use one only if you rather. I read an article on them the other night.

Jimmy10mm

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, I found those, as well as a new single bud called Motorola Hint. I checked amazon and the hint got better reviews than the verve, neither got 5 stars. I think I may go with a Planotroics Legend 5200. I haven't made my mind up yet.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I <3 my plantronics 5200. I'm on the phone 4-6 hours a day, works fantastic. Its an improvement over the Legend or Edge (I used both for months as well).

For music I use the jaybird X2. Works fine for calls too.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I like my Jaybird X2. It took a while getting the right fit first time but all is good now. Great for music.

I also have a Plantronics M70 which is light on the ear, can stream audio and has a 11 hour battery life.

Jimmy10mm

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I <3 my plantronics 5200. I'm on the phone 4-6 hours a day, works fantastic. Its an improvement over the Legend or Edge (I used both for months as well).

For music I use the jaybird X2. Works fine for calls too.

Does the 5200 have a plug in charger to the earbud ? I notice a lot of complaints from people who say the magnetic charger of the Voyager/Legend series is inconsistent. I looked at the Jaybird but I don't want the X2 feature in a bluetooth headset.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Does the 5200 have a plug in charger to the earbud ? I notice a lot of complaints from people who say the magnetic charger of the Voyager/Legend series is inconsistent. I looked at the Jaybird but I don't want the X2 feature in a bluetooth headset.
It takes a micro usb right into the base of the earpiece. If you buy the travel charger/desk stand that charges via magnetic connection like the legend does.