Z force or note 7

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I would stay away from Samsung phones right now, seems a battery issue of some sort is present in the replacement 7s, and also in Note 4s. Just my view on the situation.

kssooner

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the Note7 and exchanged it for the Z Force and I couldn't be happier. I'm not worried about dropping it and cracking the screen and I don't have a case. It has zero lag and battery life is great (and unbeatable if you have a battery mod of two). The speaker mod is great and I use it more than I thought I would. Both are great phones but I'm not missing the Note7 one bit (although I do miss the secure folder at times).

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not brand loyal at all and had a phone from all major players...and I've been around since the "Bag Phone" from the 1980's. If it weren't for the Battery issues of the Note 7 (and studdering lag) it might be a harder call. The Z Force wins on so many fronts though, especially because of the Mods. Looking to the future, new Mods will add freshness, functionality and value to my device, whereas with the Note 7, I could update the case and replace the cracked screen protector(zzzz)...My wife and I both have the Z Force and can swap Mods which comes in handy for Gift ideas...I buy her a new Mod and if I ask nicely, I can use it to, Lol!

Jimmy10mm

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
If the exploding batteries hadn't happened I would have a Note 7 right now. I'm not 'happy' that Samsung has these problems, but very happy that I ended up with the Moto Z force. This is only my third cell phone/smart phone in my 67 years, and all have been Motorola. So I'm pretty familiar with their product, and this is a great phone so far.

I went for the deal of buy two mods when you initially purchase the phone, and I bought the battery and JBL speaker mods. The turbo battery charger is so good, and the battery life on the Z is so long lasting, that I took both mods back for a refund, and will use the $ to get a stand alone bluetooth speaker.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I had the Note7 and exchanged it for the Z Force and I couldn't be happier. I'm not worried about dropping it and cracking the screen and I don't have a case. It has zero lag and battery life is great (and unbeatable if you have a battery mod of two). The speaker mod is great and I use it more than I thought I would. Both are great phones but I'm not missing the Note7 one bit (although I do miss the secure folder at times).

I have the Note 7 and love it. My husband has the Z Force and he would agree with the above description.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I had the Note 7 and returned it due to the battery issue. Got this Z Force as an interim device until the re-release of the Note. Decide after two days with the Z Force I would not be going back.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the Note 7 and returned it due to the battery issue. Got this Z Force as an interim device until the re-release of the Note. Decide after two days with the Z Force I would not be going back.
If it had an led notifications light or ir blaster I'd be in.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Chose the force over the 7!

Tried really hard to get rid of this device and go for the note 7 and just couldnt. Screen may be a tad better and camera may focus quicker but the Z force is THE perfect phone. Its beyond quick and easily outperforms the note 7 in every regard. Bloat free and lag free, cant say the same about the Note 7, battery is beyond amazing, get 6+ hours SOT and so is standby time. Clean stock android ui looks a lot better than grace ux too, i had an S7E and i remember i got sick of the phone from touchwiz even though it was an amazing all arounder. The Z force by far even trying a nexus 6P for 10 months which i loved still doesnt perform as the Z force does

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Chose the force over the 7!

Ditto! I'm super impressed with the Z Force, not brand loyal at all...as a matter of fact, this is my first Motorola phone and I'm Gaga (not Lady Gaga, she probably has a Note 7) with it...I do have to say Bad Romance sounds pretty good with the speaker mod tho, Lol!

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

This is my first Droid also, and i'm very impressed. I did have the Note 4, but found that i didn't use the stylus(S-Pen), as much as i thought i would. The Note 7 would be great for me, however, i'm not a spy or in the demolition business.LOL :p

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

That's good to know. My RAZR maxx hd was great but it was a moto moto. I didn't know if the new moto had moto quality radio software. It always was the best

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

I returned my force actually, which i regret. I returned it due to it always being warm when in use 24/7. It was always in the 97-105 degree F temperature which, didnt feel hot but could potentially harm battery life as my S7E i have right now runs extremely cool. I had an S7E before too, and they both run the same, always 10-15 degrees cooler than the force. But damn i miss the force a lot, especially the stock ui. Battery is a tad better on the edge though, about an hour extra of screen on time. Hmm i can still return this edge and go back to my force, not sure both phones are beyond amazing

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I haven't seen many posts about the Force running warm consistently. Maybe you got a bum one or some app isn't playing nicely with Moto's UI?

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

Maybe. But it ran hotter than my S7E. I eill be taking my edge back agin lol for another force and i will keep the force this time lol. Loved the force