Z force or note 7

thejtl

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Ditching the Note7 for Z Force, but the Mods...

Hey all,

I'm currently on my 2nd Note7 and have been struggling with battery life, so I'm thinking of jumping to a different phone. The Z and Z Force are both really interesting to me, but I'm concerned about the Mods.

There are a couple that are useful (battery and speaker), but the rest are gimmicky. I go back all the way to the Moto Atrix and its "Lapdock" which was a cool idea but not as good IMHO as the idea was.
813XQMKHRmL._SL1500_.jpg

I'd love to see a dedicated DAC w/hp jack for the Z, but I haven't been able to find any info or leaks on any new Mods coming out. Anyone have a scoop?

Thoughts? I like a lot about the Note7, but battery anxiety is really killing me.

Thanks!

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Ditching the Note7 for Z Force, but the Mods...

Powerful hi-fi DAC mod with FM radio.... no rocket science, wonder when someone has the idea to build one :)

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Hey all,

I'm currently on my 2nd Note7 and have been struggling with battery life, so I'm thinking of jumping to a different phone. The Z and Z Force are both really interesting to me, but I'm concerned about the Mods.

There are a couple that are useful (battery and speaker), but the rest are gimmicky. I go back all the way to the Moto Atrix and its "Lapdock" which was a cool idea but not as good IMHO as the idea was.
View attachment 241402

I'd love to see a dedicated DAC w/hp jack for the Z, but I haven't been able to find any info or leaks on any new Mods coming out. Anyone have a scoop?

Thoughts? I like a lot about the Note7, but battery anxiety is really killing me.

Thanks!

My husband loves his battery and speaker mods. He tells me every day how great his battery is ... I think comparing it to my Note 7, which will get me through a day if I chose to not charge at all throughout the day. He might have a better battery but I have the better screen. Just my opinion.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Just returned my replacement note 7 and opted for the z force. Just getting to know it. I like it so far.
Welcome to the dark side. I did the same thing with the first round of Note 7 battery issues and never went back. The Z Force is an awesome device.

I did have a little trouble sorting out some of the features that I thought were Android but ended up actually being Samsung TW. Nothing was an issue though, more of learning a different way to do the same thing. Anyway, enjoy your new device and ask away if you have questions, I've found the Z Force group to be very informed and helpful.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Hey all,

View attachment 241402

Thanks!

I rocked the Lapdock with my DROID Bionic. Ahead of it's time.

Moto might be ahead again with Moto Mods.

esf6491

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm looking at the Z Force to replace my Note 7. Any Moto owners having regrets about the lack of headphone jack? I use my phone semi-regularly for conference calls and I'm concerned about always having to have a bluetooth headset charged and ready.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking at the Z Force to replace my Note 7. Any Moto owners having regrets about the lack of headphone jack? I use my phone semi-regularly for conference calls and I'm concerned about always having to have a bluetooth headset charged and ready.
It comes with an adapter so if you're only an occasional headphone user, I'd say not an issue. I use an LG Tone+ Bluetooth headset everyday at work, so not an issue for me. Also connects to my truck as I get in and start it up. Smart lock works great with Bluetooth devices Btw.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

No regrets at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool