Android Nougat for the Moto Z Force (Moto Z Force Droid)

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nougat in Q4

Oops, the other thread wasn't showing in my phone's Tapatalk app when I checked before posting this. Moderators, feel free to delete.

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Nougat made a huge impact on my Nexus 5x. Battery life was much improved and almost all lag was gone. I cant wait for 7.0 to hit the Z. My Force doest lag and my battery is already great but why not make both better??

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I used a 6P on nougat. Nougat has better animations, faster loading speeds, faster app downloads, better doze, better battery, smoother etc. Nougat made the 6P great, wayyy better than marshmallow, it seemed the whole os was just a lot more polished than when it was on M

lithoman23

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Hate to be Debbie downer ..but every time I've upgraded to a new operating system my phone goes downhill...I believe these phones are tweaked to the original software installed. Kills me though ...as I always pull the trigger and get disappointed!!!

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Not on the 6P it didnt. I know what you mean though, especially for ios devices they just get slower and slower. But my old note 4 revived when marshmallow came to it, its now a speed demon and very smooth, smoother than kit kat and lollipop. But my 6P definitely got smoother and app updates and downloads were so quick with the new JIT compiler, battery got a tiny bit better, camera was a lot quicker, animations looked a bit better, my 6P ran cooler as the 810 was a stove lol and it got a bit smoother too. Cant wait for nougat to be quite honest especially for the Z force

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Hate to be Debbie downer ..but every time I've upgraded to a new operating system my phone goes downhill...I believe these phones are tweaked to the original software installed. Kills me though ...as I always pull the trigger and get disappointed!!!

Only time I experienced this was when I had an iPhone 4 - my 1st and last iPhone. None of the Motos I've had were adversely affected by an upgrade.

As much as I try at times.....I can never resist an upgrade/update on phone or computer....:cool:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Only time I experienced this was when I had an iPhone 4 - my 1st and last iPhone. None of the Motos I've had were adversely affected by an upgrade.

The Droid Maxx battery life was definitely degraded by the update from Jellybean to KitKat. It was probably an immediate 10%-20% loss of battery per day compared with JB. Performance was fine (particularly after the 4.4.4 update; the original 4.4 update was pretty buggy.)

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Additionally,*Droid Life*has picked up official confirmation that the*Moto Z,*Moto Z Force,Moto Z Play,*Moto G4*and Moto G4 Plus will be getting the update in the coming week.

I believe that is a typo, it should be "coming weeks." Droid Life is reporting sometime in Q4, not the first week of Q4.

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/09/27/moto-z-moto-g4-nougat-update-release-date-q4/

According to a Motorola spokesperson, consumers can “expect to see Android N on the Moto Z family and Moto G4 beginning in Q4.”

Of course, that could also mean that the G4 will get the update in late December and the Droids later, or vice versa (i.e., the updates to these phones begin in Q4 - it doesn't say specifically that they will all get the update in Q4.)

Moto's official update page still says nothing about Nougat: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/software-upgrade-news/g_id/1949

(Of course, it could be next week, too - but I honestly wouldn't bet on it. We'd have heard about soak test by now, I'd bet, if t were coming next week.)

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
But if they are paying attention, a lot of note 7 users went to this phone during problems, and we are undecided if we'll go back later. They could win us over big with an early update!!!! Hint hint!

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
But if they are paying attention, a lot of note 7 users went to this phone during problems, and we are undecided if we'll go back later. They could win us over big with an early update!!!! Hint hint!

I agree with your thinking - a great time for the MOTO people to make themselves look as good as possible to all cell phone users. What better time for a marshmallow roast...

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
There would be nothing worse than an update that was rushed out that was riddled with bugs. Honestly, I'd think you'd want them to get it right and later rather than early and problematic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci