Moto Z / Z Force & Daydream VR

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else been keeping an eye out for information on compatibility? Part of me wonders if Moto is waiting until they finish the Nougat (hopefully they'll jump to 7.1) upgrade to say whether or not the Moto Z / Z Force will be Daydream-ready (7.1 is one of the requirements for being daydream-ready). I've also wondered if they might do some kind of Daydream VR Mod made specifically for these phones. Though Google's daydream viewers look pretty comfy & well designed, and would be compatible with more phones. But perhaps a Daydream Mod would include a built in battery to allow for more play without worrying about running out of juice, or built in stereo speakers. (Though again, it might be better to just do the battery mod + Google's viewer.)

I'm just looking forward to some new fun toys. :) I would be shocked if these phones didn't at least do pretty well with Daydream VR, considering their specs and how smoothly they run. Not sure if the Z Play will be able to handle it as well with the lesser processor though. Time will tell!

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the feeling that the Zs will get 7.0 as 7.1 will likely come to non-Pixel/non-Nexus phones in 2017, but we'll see.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the feeling that the Zs will get 7.0 as 7.1 will likely come to non-Pixel/non-Nexus phones in 2017, but we'll see.

I'm just considering that they said "Q4" for Nougat, which could be more like Christmas time, giving them more time to hopefully get 7.1 right & skip over 7.0. I don't know of any leaked info that would indicate one over the other, so it's probably safer not to get hopes up, but a guy can still hope a little. lol