Best Buy display

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I went up to Best Buy trying to see the LG V20, but they didn't have any out yet.

They did have the Moto Z Force stuck in with the regular Verizon phones. But they had a separate display with the Moto Z and the Moto Z Play along with all the Mods out so you can see how they work.

I have to say that is pretty cool. Now I'm back to wanting one of these, but Best Buy just has a deal for a free projector that I would never use. And it is too high at the moment. Hopefully a price drop comes up.

They did not have the Z and Z force side by side. i was hoping to compare the screens in person. Some complaint online say that shattershield screen is not that nice, but it looked good to me. However it is hard to tell in a store and not getting real world use

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I felt the same way when I saw it in Best Buy last week. I was so impressed with the stock Android feel and smooth UI that I decided to give it a shot. (It helped that I got a free Incipio wireless charging batter mod and $150 gift card!)

I have to say that after 5 full days of use, it's grown on me. I knew that I had 14 days to return it and the Pixel would be available today. I took a walk over to my local Verizon store to check it out.

Don't get me wrong, the Pixel was super fast and felt great in my hand, but it didn't really "wow" me at all. If the Z gets Nougat, I think it will make for a better overall device.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't like how light the pixel feels. It doesn't feel premium like the Z. I love my Z Force. The shattershield is fine. Must must must have a screen protector. Dropped mine on the sidewalk yesterday and only a scuff on the corner. Nice.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I heard that the shattershield has a thin layer that can be replaced. If that's true, I'm going without a screen protector.

But neither Motorola nor Verizon are selling the replacement lens at the moment (at least online; the Turbo 2 version is sold out, and there is no listing for the Z Force replacement lens), so I'd suggest the screen protector for now.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Easier and cheaper to use a glass screen protector plus you get the smooth glass feel.

Is the actual one noticeable? Because I did not notice it, so I wonder if it had been removed and I was just seeing the regular screen.

Can you use it without the top removable layer?

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
You can use it without the top removable layer but it voids the screen warranty. Moto did a much better job this time with the Shattershield technology. There's not much difference to me compared to the regular Z screen.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I went to "my" best buy the other day to see if the Pixels were out yet and they actually removed the Zs from the display they were on.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it voids your warranty since they actually sell replacement "top layers"

The warranty is only void if the display is damaged without the shattershield lens in place.

So far there is not an online SKU for the Z Force shattershield lens replacement, though I do not know if Motorola can or cannot sell you one if you call them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair