Having trouble Activating Advanced Calling

bat1939_KM

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
So I am having trouble activating Advanced Calling. I get this error "We encountered a problem activating Advance Calling 1.0. Please try again later."
I am on the $45 prepay plan which should allow me to take advantage of this and VoLTE. Has anyone else had this issue before?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So I am having trouble activating Advanced Calling. I get this error "We encountered a problem activating Advance Calling 1.0. Please try again later."
I am on the $45 prepay plan which should allow me to take advantage of this and VoLTE. Has anyone else had this issue before?

Did you activate the feature on the line?

bat1939_KM

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
My Verizon app under account, then add ons, then select your phone, then check for HD voice.

So every time I do this, it says HD Voice has been added , and says your feature may take 15 minutes to update. So I come back an hour and the toggle switch still says off.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
So every time I do this, it says HD Voice has been added , and says your feature may take 15 minutes to update. So I come back an hour and the toggle switch still says off.

Besides calling Verizon technical support for help on this, the only other thing I can think that you may have to do is restart the phone. I believe that the phone checks for the availability of HD voice on startup, so, if you haven't restarted the phone yet, try that.

bat1939_KM

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Besides calling Verizon technical support for help on this, the only other thing I can think that you may have to do is restart the phone. I believe that the phone checks for the availability of HD voice on startup, so, if you haven't restarted the phone yet, try that.

Sadly I have spend a hour on the phone with Verizon over the weekend and they said something about doing an update on Sunday but still no luck even after a reboot. Guess I need to find time to contact Verizon.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could help more, but I have postpaid rather than prepaid, and AC worked from the start for me.

Rather than calling (since you already have, with poor results), maybe go into a Verizon corporate store to get tech support? They'll at least be able to see what is happening.

Good luck, I hope you figure it out...

bat1939_KM

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I wish I could help more, but I have postpaid rather than prepaid, and AC worked from the start for me.

Rather than calling (since you already have, with poor results), maybe go into a Verizon corporate store to get tech support? They'll at least be able to see what is happening.

Good luck, I hope you figure it out...

Well I ended up calling and I now have a case ticket in. I got a text message last night saying that they should get back to me within 24 hours. So we shall see what happens. Thanks

bat1939_KM

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
According to this (Verizon's website) it is: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...martphones/moto-z-force-droid/&token=vXEd_tDA

Maybe they have limits for which phones on prepaid plans can do HD Voice? (Seems strange if so.)

Yea, lets just say that last night I was not the nicest person to Verizon after they keep telling me that both my plan and or my phone does not support HD Voice but everything on their sites says they both do. I wrote a pretty strong email to someone in their leadership, it might not do anything but I felt better.

bat1939_KM

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
So I finally have an update. It turns out that at the time of me posting this thread, Verizon's prepaid services did not support HD voice for the Moto Z Force however that has changed and they now support HD voice and Advanced Calling.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
So I finally have an update. It turns out that at the time of me posting this thread, Verizon's prepaid services did not support HD voice for the Moto Z Force however that has changed and they now support HD voice and Advanced Calling.
Great. Enjoy!