White or Black

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Anyone go with the white version? I usually don't get white because it makes it hard to see the notification light. But with Moto display this isn't a factor. Black seems to be the norm because it hides the censors. Anyone have the white turbo? Any opinions would be helpful, thanks

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I thought about it, but Bestbuy wasn't offering anything but the black/silver, and I wanted to take advantage of their sale at launch.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I would love a white Moto! I've had only one white phone in my life (my BlackBerry Bold 9780 - I miss that phone! :'() - I'd love to have another!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I would have bought a white Moto Z Force if it was available at launch.

I would have bought a white Moto Z if Best Buy actually let me place an order for it during their Black Friday sale - kept erroring out but was able to order it in black.

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the white/gold moto z force. I like it. I have the red nylon style back, the black leather style back and the gray JBL speaker mod. I have the bumpers and a clear tpu case to sport my Yoda decal on the back. Looks nice on the gold. It's different and that's my goal. 😃

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the opinions people. :) I ended up getting the black as I couldn't find a new white Moto z force on ebay. Black is fine as I also ordered the black leather style shell.

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I had the white Moto X 2014 because I thought that it looked better than the black one. But this Moto Z looks ugly in white in my opinion, so I got the black one this time.

Bora777

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I was actually tempted by the White/Gold because I do think the combo is really nice, especially the gold detailing on the back, but when I saw them in person I just couldn't get over how busy the front looked, so I got a black Z.

I think if I were buying a Z Play, I'd go for white because the lack of visible motion sensors at the bottom makes it look cleaner than the white Z/Z Force.

Gebo

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
I like the white with the sensors showing as it makes it look different than the others. Some of us like to be different. LOL

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a black Z Force and a white Z Play.

Wife wanted the Play then decided she didnt like it. So I activated as a second on my line. I dont like the white so much but I will buy a wrap for it eventually.
Wife took my original Turbo that I had been using. Still has 2 day battery life so shes happy.

wonderbread

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
I have a black Z Force and a white Z Play.

Wife wanted the Play then decided she didnt like it. So I activated as a second on my line. I dont like the white so much but I will buy a wrap for it eventually.
Wife took my original Turbo that I had been using. Still has 2 day battery life so shes happy.

What did she have against the Play?