Odd Behaviors Since Nougat...

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
My Z Force got the Nougat update this week and I've noticed some odd behaviors, some things I've found work-arounds, other things I'm stumped. So I was thinking of making a thread and seeing if others have found odd behaviors and work-arounds.

1. The phone vibrates every time I unlock it, whether I have a pin, finger print, swipe, or Smart Lock.

2. Secure Settings (tasker plug-in) no longer works, so disarming the pin/fingerprint while on my home wifi doesn't work. I don't like how Smart Lock requires GPS to be on for it to recognize that I'm home.

3. The display sizes are different now in the display settings, I thought there were 5 levels before, but now only 3. I've noticed that some apps won't even open unless I'm on the 'small' setting.

4. OfficeSuite spreadsheets go into this really bad ongoing flickering when trying to enter text into a cell with a keyboard.

5. Most apps in multiwindow mode force the screen to be split 50%/50%. A couple will let you go 75%/25%, but not nearly I was hoping for.

If anyone has a solution to any of these or have other things that don't seem quite right, let us know!

Thanks

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
My Z Force got the Nougat update this week and I've noticed some odd behaviors, some things I've found work-arounds, other things I'm stumped. So I was thinking of making a thread and seeing if others have found odd behaviors and work-arounds.

1. The phone vibrates every time I unlock it, whether I have a pin, finger print, swipe, or Smart Lock.

2. Secure Settings (tasker plug-in) no longer works, so disarming the pin/fingerprint while on my home wifi doesn't work. I don't like how Smart Lock requires GPS to be on for it to recognize that I'm home.

3. The display sizes are different now in the display settings, I thought there were 5 levels before, but now only 3. I've noticed that some apps won't even open unless I'm on the 'small' setting.

4. OfficeSuite spreadsheets go into this really bad ongoing flickering when trying to enter text into a cell with a keyboard.

5. Most apps in multiwindow mode force the screen to be split 50%/50%. A couple will let you go 75%/25%, but not nearly I was hoping for.

If anyone has a solution to any of these or have other things that don't seem quite right, let us know!

Thanks

I don't have any solutions, unfortunately, but hope others can help with these.

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Found a couple more:

6. Officesuite doesn't let me open or save csv files.

7. When selecting an mp3 file to play from a file explorer (Solid Explorer), PowerAmp no longer is an app to select to play the file.

I've reached out to both app developers/forums to see if any fixes are in the works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech