My Black Z Force Is Rattling

Gebo

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
I have 2 Z's and one of them has started to rattle loudly when I shake it to turn on the flashlight. I'm a little concerned as it sounds like something is loose. Any ideas for a fix or is this a "replacement" issue?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 Z's and one of them has started to rattle loudly when I shake it to turn on the flashlight. I'm a little concerned as it sounds like something is loose. Any ideas for a fix or is this a "replacement" issue?

Sounds like it's internal. You may want to have it replaced.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
It's the OIS that causes a rattle. It's normal.

Mine makes a super quiet *tick* sound when I shake it, which I can believe might be what you're referring to. The OP had 2 Z's, and one rattled noticeably more than the other. I doubt that was normal.

Shugacookie

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
I exchanged my Z Force due to low notification volume issue (as well as a white spec under the display screen) and my new Z Force replacement has the same low notification problem as did the Z, Z Force and Z Play display phones I tested. My replacement is also rattling when chopping to activate the flashlight. Sounded like it was coming from the top of the phone so I took out the sim card tray and tested it. The rattle was noticeably louder. Looks like this one is getting returned too. So disappointed. I've had Motorola phones for years, dating back to the old flip phones, and never had a problem with any of them. Wish the battery on my Moto X 2nd gen wasn't spent, I'd reactivate it today.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I exchanged my Z Force due to low notification volume issue (as well as a white spec under the display screen) and my new Z Force replacement has the same low notification problem as did the Z, Z Force and Z Play display phones I tested. My replacement is also rattling when chopping to activate the flashlight. Sounded like it was coming from the top of the phone so I took out the sim card tray and tested it. The rattle was noticeably louder. Looks like this one is getting returned too. So disappointed. I've had Motorola phones for years, dating back to the old flip phones, and never had a problem with any of them. Wish the battery on my Moto X 2nd gen wasn't spent, I'd reactivate it today.
Have you looked on YouTube to see if there's an easy way to replace the battery?

I am by no way an expert but I have replaced several iPhone batteries, a RAZR Maxx HD battery, and a Turbo battery will be delivered today. I bought a cheap kit off Amazon and watched a few videos. It's easier than you might think.

Edit: phonepartsusa.com has a kit with tools and battery for 15.99.
There are several YouTube videos showing step by step instructions to replace a battery.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like your first one was probably fine, just suffered from the same low notification volume that most Z owners have had, and was apparently addressed in a recent update. I know my notification sound levels were ok, and are now quite loud.

The rattle might be worth exchanging over though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE