Can I set Google Calendar to start at a set time?

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
When I open Google Calendar, the time for the first event defaults to 6:00 pm. Is it possible to reset the default time to something else, e.g., 8:00 am? I didn't see such option in the settings. Thanks!

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
You can set the time to what ever you want . It just picks the closest whole hour to what ever time it happens to be when you go to set up the event /reminder.

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I'm not sure that's correct, as my calendar defaults to 6:00 am whenever I open the app on a new day. So, if I set reminders today for various times, tomorrow, the calendar will begin at 6:00 pm. I'd like the calendar to always begin at 8:00 am whenever I open the app, but perhaps that's of possible.

chemgeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I believe you can set the default start and end times for your daily calendar if you log into your Google calendar on a computer. (Not your android device, which does not have this option.)

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
When I open Google Calendar, the time for the first event defaults to 6:00 pm. Is it possible to reset the default time to something else, e.g., 8:00 am? I didn't see such option in the settings. Thanks!

I've never been able to figure this out either, with the stock app or "a Calendar."

chemgeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
On my business Google calendar I have an option "set business hours" that may change the default times that you see, but this option is not available on my personal gmail account.